Shipyard Pearl Harbor, VA 96813 US
The primary responsibilities for the position are to manage the Vulnerability Management (VM) activities. The nature of the work requires that the candidate demonstrate initiative, organization, responsibility, customer service skills, and the ability to be flexible and adaptive.
- Leading a team to develop comprehensive risk assessments to identify, assess, and prioritize cybersecurity risks that include innovative risk mitigation strategies
- Work closely with our team and Government representatives on engineering, vulnerability, and risk management tasks
- Prepare and present reports on vulnerability management activities to senior leadership and stakeholders
- Write monthly status reports, and other ad-hoc deliverables as required
- Develop and maintain vulnerability management policies, procedures, and standards
- Perform regular vulnerability, compliance/configuration, database, and web application scans
- Assist with triage of vulnerabilities when possible, and serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on the risk of vulnerabilities across the enterprise
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to mitigate risks through the design, implementation, and monitoring of cybersecurity controls
- Perform scan policy analysis & configuration to determine the impact of vulnerability scanning against target devices.
- Conduct Host-based and Network Vulnerability Assessments
- Provide recommendations to promote the development of Vulnerability/Risk Management policy across the agency
- Provide support for the development and submission of (A&A) documentation, Continuous Monitoring procedures, and Cyber Tasking Orders
- Develop secure configuration baselines based on best practices for new technologies in the environment
- Staying up to date on current cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, trends, and best practices to proactively identify potential risks to the organization
- Promote knowledge sharing/training across functional areas
- Evaluate, develop, and refine processes and procedures as required or requested by Government management and/or this contract’s program manager
- Provide mentorship, coaching, performance management and support to team members about vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions, technical expertise, and career development
- Installation, monitoring, testing, troubleshooting, and administration of the ACAS/Nessus Vulnerability Scanner applications
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools to include and understanding of Vulnerability Management System and Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring.
- Experience with security architectures - Experience in Windows, Linux, and UNIX operating system administration
- Provide technical support to customers involving a wide range of software, hardware, and DoD specific applications.
- Experience with network design, LAN/WAN systems and lab configuration to include the following capabilities: Installing, operating, and maintaining routers, switches, domain controllers, member servers, clients, etc. Ability to replicate client environment issues Understanding networking support to include TCP/IP, DNS, and SMTP issues.
- Configure, optimize, and test vulnerability scans against new and existing Operating Systems and platforms.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years experience or industry equivalent work experience in vulnerability management in a security program
- Must hold active Security+
- Ability to perform vulnerability analysis
- Ability to work alongside other security functions to determine vulnerability scoring and impact
- Experience managing a team with diverse skillsets
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop & Company