Vice President of HR
1337 Mookaula St Honolulu, HI 96817
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified Human Resources Administration leaders for its client based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
VICE PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES #16753
*** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
The Vice President of Human Resources will function in a leadership role as a senior adviser, consultant, and “ doer” in an organization noted for a “ roll? up? your? sleeves” approach to accomplishing objectives. This position will help create and sustain best practices in human resource management through initiatives in areas such as needs assessment, organizational development, recruitment, compensation practices, training and development, and strengthening of corporate culture.
- Develop and implement effective human resource strategies and policies that appropriately reflect and reinforce the company culture while all the time working to create an environment where quality, values-based actions leading to employee engagement and commitment prosper.
- Create and implement programs and processes to identify, recruit, develop, integrate, and retain highly trained, high potential talent as well as proven talent to continue to grow the business.
- Lead the implementation of effective performance planning and appraisal programs; affirmative action and EEO programs; employee survey plans; etc.
- Collaborate with senior management to plan organizational change and the effects it will have on the organization’ s staffing; direct the implementation of appropriate action programs to effect these changes.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and engagement.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources function; i.e. EEO, wage & hour, FAR, OFCCP, etc. Monitor exposure of risk to the company and make recommendations.
- Collaborate in establishing a business professional relationship with labor organizations and brand the company’ s actions and philosophies that clearly identify our position.
- Define all human capital programs and assure that necessary education and materials are provided to line management and employees.
- Administrative management of employee benefit plans, records and regulatory compliance.
- Provide direction and support of the company’ s compensation programs. Review and assess benefits programs to ensure cost containment initiatives including such programs as a Wellness initiative to reduce absenteeism, contain escalating health insurance premiums and ensure a healthy workforce.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Possesses a strong background in traditional HR administration and have a broad business perspective.
- The ability to connect with people within the organization, gather information and make recommendations for enhancing the current culture. The ability to influence change through good verbal, written and delivery of messaging is critical to meeting the need for change.
- Bachelor’ s Degree and PHR or SPHR Certification
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources to include employment, compensation, benefits, leadership development, succession planning and employee relations
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations
- Knowledge of building and maintaining organizational structures and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, both within the corporation and with outside organizations
- Proven track record as an effective leader with 10+ years of similar experience in an HR leadership role with the ability to quickly implement effective HR plans and programs that make an immediate impact and are consistent with the long-term HR needs and values of the organization
- Experience in process improvement, training and development, innovation and management team building are preferred
- A “ nose for talent”. Experience leading the strategy for hiring and developing a talented workforce
- Strong intellect with a questioning mind and the ability to focus on key issues quickly
- Well-developed leadership skills coupled with business maturity and presence
- Labor Union experience preferred, including labor union contract, etc. negotiations experience
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***