1132 Bishop St # 1600 Honolulu, HI 96813
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a Temporary Underwriter Associate in downtown Honolulu!
Underwriter Associate #17042
Responsible for servicing new and existing surety accounts with the intention of extending surety credit per company guidelines and within specified authority levels. Evaluates accounts and provides appropriate underwriting documentation for justification of securing and retention of accounts. Assists with managing the producer force, with a focus on producer and account relationship management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzing, evaluating, selecting and rating each contractor account and the bond or bonds associated with that account.
- Evaluating documents such as specifications for bids or contracts for final bonds.
- Analyzing, evaluating, selecting and rating and approving license and permit or miscellaneous bonds under pre-set underwriting guidelines and lines of authority.
- Prepare and send out status reports on existing contract bonds on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining contacts with general agency through weekly calls and occasional visits for purposes of production, marketing, public relations and troubleshooting in conjunction with Surety Manager.
- Under the guidance of the Surety Manager, adhere to pre-set authority levels, underwriting guidelines and reinsurance treaty limitations/exclusions.
- Make suggestions and recommendations to the Surety Underwriter on unique risk situations.
- Making recommendations to agency so a decision can be made for acceptance with modification, continuation of coverage, cancellation, declination and rejection within the authority provided.
- Communicate with agency in writing and verbally for additional information needed to underwrite a risk properly and for confirmation of telephone conversation.
- Maintain all manuals and guidelines necessary to perform job functions.
- Adhere to pre-set standards of Superior Quality Service.
- Remain current on insurance issues, coverage and other subjects pertaining to job performance. Recommend participation in related seminars and agency presentations.
- College degree required; credits in insurance related subjects preferred or equivalent combination of education, technical and sales background
- 2 years or more commercial lines property and casualty or related experience including commercial lines rating and knowledge of manual rules and coverage required; sales experience preferred.
Monday through Friday, 8am-4: 30pm
Temporary: 3 months with possible extension to 6 months +
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI