Systems Administrator - Kauai
4800 Westfields Blvd , Suite 400 Kekaha, HI 96752 US
Bishop & Co. is seeking a Systems Administrator for a position onsite on Kauai, HI. Supporting the Information Technology (IT) Department. Provides Windows or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) system administration for all Clients and Servers connected to the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) classified and unclassified networks. Deploys Cyber Security mandated system upgrades, system patches, and system security lockdown requirements. Performs system wide troubleshooting and problem resolution in a live mission environment.
- BS/BA in Business, IT, or relevant field and at least 3 years of System Administration/IT experience
- Or High school diploma/GED, and at least 5 years of System Administration/IT experience
- Advance certifications may be substituted for a degree or experience.
- Years of directly related work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Knowledge of IT systems and advance IT infrastructure concepts
- Must be proficient in operating personal computers, computer software and standard office equipment.
- Must have basic keyboarding skills and aptitude for neatness and accuracy in sorting.
- Critical thinking - Proven problem solver
- DOD 8570.1M IAT Level II
- One of the following OS Certifications required within 6 months of hire (subject to change based on industry, DoD, or local policy requirements)
- Linux+ or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Current Microsoft System Administrator certificate (example: Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (Core), Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Administrator Associate (Core and Productivity 365 Roles))
- Advance knowledge and certification in both Windows Server and RHEL are considered highly desired.
- VMware certification
- Knowledge/Administration of Trellix, LogRhythm, and MDE
- Experience with DoD systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge in Cyber Security Methods and Techniques
- Knowledge of DoD IT systems, to include Windows, RHEL, and comprehensive infrastructure concepts.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a US Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran