615 Pi'ikoi St Suite 205 Honolulu, HI 96814 US
Bishop & Company is seeking a Surgery Coordinator for an established organization in Honolulu, HI.
The Surgery Coordinator is responsible for assisting the patient with all aspects of pre-operative preparations in order to promote patient confidence in their medical care and to make the surgical experience as smooth as possible; acts as a liaison between the office, surgical facility, patient and primary care physicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Two years’ experience in a surgical specialty practice, ophthalmology preferred.
- C.O.A. helpful, but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Capability of meeting patient surgical scheduling volumes as established by the practice administrator.
- Acts as an effective liaison between the patient, surgeon, co-managing optometrist, primary care physician, the surgical facility and anesthesia group in all aspects of pre-operative preparations.
- Schedules all patient surgeries and pre-operative appointments, including those with ophthalmologist, optometrist, co-managing optometrist or technician. May also need to schedule/coordinate appointments with primary care physicians for pre-operative clearance. (Including 3-day neighbor island scheduling)
- Prepares cost estimates for patients of all surgical related fees, taking into consideration various health care plans, co-payments and deductibles.
- Counsels patients on pre and post-operative surgery instructions, instructs patients on eye drop regime
- Assists patients in understanding and signing all necessary consent forms.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, clinical staff and pharmacies to get eye drops and medications called in timely.
- Dispenses pre-operative mediations in office as needed.
- Schedules post-operative appointments as appropriate.
- Arranges patient transportation if necessary.
- Notifies patient of all scheduled appointments. Reminder calls accordingly.
- Prepares surgery folders and post-op kits.
- Sends appropriate H&P forms, labs, EKGs, and radiology needs to primary care physician. Follows up with missing H&P forms from primary care physician prior to surgery.
- Collects and forwards all pertinent information for upcoming surgery, such as bookings, lens orders, insurance, H&Ps, and signed consent forms, and transfers to surgical facility and anesthesia group.
- Answers all telephone and email inquiries from patients, their families, or primary care physicians concerning surgery and/or related concerns.
- Contacts patient three days prior to surgery advising them about starting the eye drops, their arrival time at the surgery facility, answering any questions.
- Prepares surgery charts for surgeon, at least 1 day prior to surgery.
- Upon completion of surgery, verifies operative reports and scans into electronic medical record, enters IOL and other surgery information into patient’s medical record.
- Collects premium service fees from patients at 1 day follow up appointments.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Position Type: Direct Hire Opportunity
- Pay: $22-25/hr, depending on experience
- Location: Honolulu, HI 96814
- Parking: Provided
- Schedule: Full time, Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm Occasional Overtime
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran