55 Merchant St. Honolulu, HI 96813 US
Bishop & Co. is seeking an Superintendent for an excellent construction company.
The Superintendent is the primary manager of field operations for the project. He/she directs and coordinates the field activities of the project. He oversees day-to-day planning and execution of construction. He works in conjunction with Project Manager, Project Engineer, subcontractors, vendors, state and local inspectors, and union representatives to build a quality project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned. Duties may be delegated to direct reports.
- Develops and maintains a site logistics plan which may include equipment and vehicle access and material delivery, staging and storage
- Develops and implements a security plan for the project
- Coordinates all subcontractor access and storage needs
- Provides input for the cost report with special attention to self-performed work
- Confirms quantities are accurate and complete
- Reviews cost report periodically to confirm unit cost projections are being achieved
- Discusses all variances greater than 10% with project team
- Provides input for monthly forecast
- Maintains project documentation including the following
- Daily Diary of project
- Non-Conformance letters to Subcontractors
- Work Authorizations, Speedy Memos etc.
- Project progress photos
- Photos of work prior to concealment
- 4-week schedule
- Per Diem records
- Executes Quality Control program for the project
- Coordinates with the Project Manager to schedule required inspections & tests
- Executes punchlist program
- Confirms all major purchases are competitive and correct with regard to type and quantities
- Confirms purchases meet specification requirements
- Reviews substantial purchases with project team prior to commitment
- Checks deliveries against delivery tags
- Determines material storage or staging logistics
- Develops a security plan for purchased materials
- Reviews and ensures compliance with Prime Contract requirements
- Reviews and ensures compliance with all Subcontract requirements
- Reviews and ensures compliance with all change orders to the prime contract and subcontracts
- Coordinates with subcontractors regarding, manpower planning, equipment, scheduling, etc.
- Ensures the quality of all subcontractors work
- Ensures project milestones and critical path activities remain on schedule
- Reviews all submittals for compliance with construction documents including correct dimensions, compatibility and completeness, as well as coordination with other trades
- Prepares 4-week schedule with input from project team
- Maintains 4-week schedule, update weekly to track progress
- Communicates schedule information to subcontractors on a regular basis to keep them apprised of project progress and requirements
- Recognize & mitigates schedule slippage
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adherences to construction schedules
- Develops crew mixes based on task, budget, schedule and safety
- Manages all personnel on a daily basis and develops an understanding of individual skill levels
- Transfers, lays off, terminates personnel as required
- Motivates personnel to achieve performance targets
- Confers with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force
- Conducts daily and/or weekly safety meetings and maintain records
- Reviews site daily for safety issues; documents and corrects as appropriate
- Shuts down any activity that appears unsafe, review and correct
- Maintains and enforces company safety policy
- Ensures all written safety plans and AHAS are in place prior to commencement of work
- Ensures all personnel including subcontractors adhere to Safety Program
- Conducts investigations of all accidents
- Maintains professional relationships with the following:
- Project team members
- Owner or Owners Representatives
- Design team members
- Union officials
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must meet the minimum qualifications listed below:
- High School Diploma.
- 8-12 years of hands on field supervisory experience in residential or commercial construction.
- Completion of OSHA 30 Hour Safety Course.
- Current Certifications for First Aid and CPR.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to comply with contract specifications.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran