707 Kakoi Street Honolulu, HI 96813
The primary function of the Staff Accountant will be to perform general, day to day accounting duties to
include entering vendor invoices into the back office system, generating systems reports, collecting
payments, assisting customers with payments inquires, distributing sales invoices, receipts and monthly
statements to customers, and other administrative duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of the Controller this position will have the following responsibilities:
*Enter lubricant, buyback and rebate invoices into Accounts Payable module.
* Enter supplier fuel invoices into Fuel Supplier module.
* Enter other vendors’ invoices into Accounts Payable module.
* Enter EFT payments to suppliers/vendors into Accounts Payable module.
* Mail or e-mail credit card receipts and supporting documents to customers.
* Assist with scheduling and preparing check payments to vendors.
* Communicates with customers, vendors, management and staff in a courteous and
professional manner. Demonstrates active listening skills, accuracy and provides complete and timely work product(s).
*Sets up new customer accounts.
* Assists with accounts receivable duties to include customer payment collections (cash, in-person, check, credit card, ACH), account inquiries (both in-person and on the phone) and account reconciliation.
* Assists with delinquent customer accounts to include customer collection calls, credit holds, insufficient fund notices and submittal to collection agencies and correspondence with
customers on account status.
* Assist with pricing including supplier changes and special pricing updates.
* Reconciliation of general ledger accounts and bank register as assigned.
* Assists with Accounting related reports including cash receipt report preparation and
* Provides ideas on accounting related process improvements.
* Assists Controller with other administrative duties and projects as assigned
* Keeps Controller and CFO up to date on status of job duties assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Experience
* Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and/or equivalent combination of
education, training and experience.
* Accounting Knowledge – General knowledge and understanding of accounting principles,
reconciliation and auditing. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common accounting and journal entries, documents and communication.
General skills – accurate, thorough, ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines, ability
to communicate both verbally and in writing, work under pressure, problem solve, customer
focused, results driven, organized and flexible. Ability to work both independently and as a team
and learn new skills and tasks as needed. Ability to effectively handle and respond to customer
* Ethical Conduct – ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Computer - General knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems including
Microsoft Office (word, and Outlook), intermediate Excel experience with the ability to create,
functions, tables and summarize data. Ability to operate the Internet and web-based
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran