Sr. Business Process Engineer
900 Richards St. CPB Tower Honolulu, HI 96813
Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs. Investigates business systems, identifies options for improving business systems and bridges the needs of the business with the use of technology
as applicable. Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to processes, policies and systems; in order to re-engineer processes used to
increase productivity and capability. Completes analysis to understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and works with the business to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Provides the change management framework for implementing changes in re-engineered business processes and facilitates workforce adoption of them.
• Develop system solutions through the analysis of data and by considering the voice of the customer, voice of the business and voice of the employee. This may require the gathering of hard data or soft data (gathered from the input of people). Solutions should be robust and accepted by the organization being supported.
• Create, maintain and improve the universal enterprise change management framework, methodology and process standards and associated artifacts; while making it available to the organization and providing training as needed. Facilitate significant change management efforts undertaken by the organization.
• Collaborate and build alignment between internal customers through subject matter experts (functional and technical) to establish the process vision and develop an understanding of business problems and opportunities in order to recommend solutions that process enable the organization to achieve its goals. Guide cross functional enterprise process analysis to understand the systemic needs of the business as a whole, its strategic direction and identify initiatives to enable the business to meet its strategic goals.
• Based on complex process definitions and requirements (business, functional, non-functional, and
technical), guide feasibility studies to develop recommendations for implementation of new and/or
re-engineered processes, and, where appropriate, the introduction of automation. Assist with reengineering and/or streamlining of business processes and the development of the needed justification for change (people, process, technology, and culture).
• Establish partnerships with stakeholders across the organization and act as the trusted expert organization-wide process representative who is able to represent process areas as needed from a systemic point of view.
• Thorough knowledge of business process analysis using Lean Six Sigma tools, re-engineering and change management.
• Working knowledge of process management standards and methodologies, including initiating,
planning, scheduling, and executing processes, as well as tracking of performance measures.
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX, PUC, permitting, etc) highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of technology automation (i.e. personal computers and/or mainframe systems)
and related software applications (i.e. process management and productivity tools, etc.) highly
• Understanding of the Incident Management Team structure and operation is desirable
• Requires a great attention to detail, structure and rigor while demonstrating sound analytical skills.
• Requires a high level of cross-functional responsibility where the building and aligning of teams is
crucial. Must have excellent facilitation, communications, and leadership skills – especially applied
to teams that do not directly report to this position but must enact a good deal of influence.
• Ability to breakdown and articulate complex processes into simpler consumable activities using
business process methodologies and capabilities.
• Ability to conceptualize new ideas quickly. Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work
environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities. Ability to determine the root causes of issues
and problems and quickly develop solutions to resolve them.
• Ability to develop, lead and train others through the acquisition of new skills in the process
management discipline and sharing these skills with others on a periodic basis.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-task, process and follow-up systematically.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills for such tasks as preparing and deconstructing processes
based on time scale, actor and context.
• Strong interpersonal skills to influence, motivate, and persuade various groups or individuals. Ability
to handle difficult and/or sensitive issues while using tact, courtesy and discretion.
• Total of at least seven (7) years' work experience with progressive responsibility; including at least
five (5) years' experience as a business/process/systems analyst and/or change management
• Bachelor' s or Master' s degree in a relevant discipline (organization, business, engineering,
accounting) or equivalent.
• Experience in leading teams.
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or equivalent is highly desirable.
• Experience in creating or conducting training sessions highly desirable.
• Experience in leading change management initiatives highly desirable.
• Experience with developing contingency plans is a plus
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran