1308 Young Street Honolulu, HI 96814
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified ACCOUNTING candidates for an exciting opportunity for its client based in Honolulu.
SR. STAFF ACCOUNTANT # 16723
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for all financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, tax compliance, audit, among other duties and responsibilities required to maintain the General Ledger. Maintain compliance with State regulations.
- Perform and maintain all general accounting functions using QuickBooks and Inventory software.
- Strong analytics skills used to research and compile information from various sources (software, source documents, departments and people).
- Ability to use various sources to support accounting responsibilities which required: analysis, verifications, allocations, reconciliations and / or discrepancy resolution.
- Build and maintain spreadsheets to standardize the processes and functions of the department.
- Understanding and experience in identifying risks and controls.
- Responsible for cash management, daily cash reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Manage vendor payments and cash receipts.
- Maintain all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Complete monthly financials for submission to Director of Finance.
- Prepare necessary financials for annual audit.
- Track, build and maintain accurate inventory records and assist with monthly audit.
- Post invoices, code purchases, and manage company purchasing.
- Calculate and prepare monthly General Excise Tax returns.
- Prepare annual 1099s.
- Process payroll entries, taxes, and accruals.
- Assist Director of Finance and CEO in the budgeting process.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or related field.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the accounting field with some supervisory experience.
- Flexibility in scheduling. Working hours include holidays and weekends as needed.
- Inventory Management Software or BioTrack experience preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and complete assigned tasks.
- Minimum of 21 years of age as required by state statute.
- Must pass background check and fingerprinting, per applicable requirements set forth under state statute.
- Able to learn and become knowledgeable of State of Hawai’ i laws, regulations and rules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Expert in Excel.
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- Experience in training others.
- Experience working with financial software, QuickBooks preferred.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including an understanding of GAAP, tax requirements, and general auditing procedures.
BENEFITS (including but not limited to)
- Medical, Drug, Vision, Dental Coverage
- PTO, Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount
** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter or communication. **
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phone: 808-839-2200 Fax: 808-839-4844
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran