Sr Financial/Cost Analyst
Honolulu, HI 96813
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified FINANCIAL/COST ANALYST candidates for its client based in Honolulu.
SR. FINANCIAL/COST ANALYST
Project Controls | Architectural | Design | Contracting | Project Management | Construction | Facility | Real Estate
*** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
Responsible for the finance, accounting, cost, operating expense budgets & business management functions for facility operations & real estate functions. Responsibilities include oversight of finance/cost activities including data collection, reconciling expenditures against commitment, updating & ensuring data accuracy in project tracking system, financial analyses & cost forecasting, facility & capital project team' s operating expense budgets; developing & implementing project financial standards & procedures; reviewing the project work breakdown structure, ensuring cost forecasts are consistent w/ established & documented project control basis (scope, work plan, schedule); analysis & reporting project cost variances, maintaining & reporting project cost forecast in accordance w/ work breakdown structure, tracking project cost movement, & providing progress reports; providing project cost forecast input to region capital planning process; submitting qualifying documents to Property Accounting dept for capitalization, verification of available budget for commitment, verification for commitment & expenditures, & providing financial & accounting support for acquisition, disposition & maintenance of land & facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads a team or function performing the day to day Finance & Accounting activities
- Reviews project financial data input to the project mgmt./accounting systems for accuracy & compliance to policy
- Coordinates project accounting information (opening, completion potential impairments etc.) w/ Regional Property Accounting
- Develops budgets, forecasts, analyzes, & monitors operating costs & expense budgets
- Leads and/or coordinates the analysis & review of cash forecasting reporting, in conjunction w/ the management & Regional Planning depts
- Reviews financial aspects of contracts & pay applications/invoices
- Identifies & analyzes activities (project capitalization, impairments, etc.) that may impact regional financial results & effectively communicates them to the financial leads region
- Prepares and/or reviews key management cost reports
- Identifies & manages cost trend data & schedule impacts & brings to attention of Project Manager & Leadership Team
- Resolves invoicing issues w/ vendors, contractors & professional services providers. Support negotiations as compliant to organizational requirements
- Prepares accruals & journal entries for month end close on operating costs; researches unusual variances during month end close
- Interprets less defined guidelines to make recommendations for process improvements and/or enhancements
- Requires complex planning to coordinate w/ other depts or resources. Involves interpreting & analyzing established concepts & trends while exercising considerable judgment to make decisions for less defined & complex issues. Requires complex decision-making.
- Develops solutions to a diverse range of complex problems, which require creativity & innovation w/in broadly defined policies & practices
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum six (6) years of financial or project controls experience including two (2) years in architectural, design, contracting, and project management or construction environment.
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting, finance, business or construction management discipline, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Understanding of the accounting for construction work in progress and the capitalization requirements of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and systems skills to include proficiency in PC based applications (Excel and Access including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Understanding of accounting for leases (specific to Facility, Clinical Technology or Real Estate operations).
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years in a lead financial analysis and/or accounting role preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of Facilities Maintenance preferred.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)