Software Engineer/Data Scientist- Contract
41-305 Kalanianaole Highway Makai Research Pier Waimanalo, HI 96795
Preferred candidates should have strong programming and analytical skills with a science, engineering or math-related background who is internally motivated to learn new skills to succeed. Strong candidates should have experience developing component software in a tool of choice (Python preferred) and integrating and unit testing the component software within a larger system. It is strongly preferred for the candidate to perform the work in our office in Hawaii, however exceptional candidates will be considered for remote work.
• Applicants must have a technical background (e.g., at least an undergraduate degree and ideally work experience in Science/Engineering/Math)
• Experience with GIS applications, particularly ArcGIS Enterprise and the Spatiotemporal Big Data Store, GeoEvent and GeoAnalytics Server is highly desirable;
• Experience developing and testing algorithms in Python or MATLAB is required;
• Experience working on a team project using svn or other code repository systems;
• Experience in reviewing and debugging other developers’ code;
• Good understanding and experience with any cloud services (AWS, Azure);
Candidates with many of the above qualifications will be most highly considered.
Full-time position for 6 weeks, and will very likely be extended
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or mail: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***