Senior Technical Writer
P.O. Box 3200 Honolulu, HI 96847
The Senior Technical Writer will be responsible for organizing, planning, and executing writing assignments for the Core Platform Conversion Project alongside the Procedures Manager.
The Senior Technical Writer will also work with the Technical Writers and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to create, update, and revise manuals and materials supporting the Core Platform Conversion Project.
Essential Position Accountabilities (List key duties, in order of importance. Include % of time spent in each area)
- Procedures Documentation (90%)
- Analyze existing and potential content.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality procedures documentation for the bank’ s Core Platform Conversion Project that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience of Branch, Call Center, and Back Office personnel.
- Write easy-to-understand text, online help and guides in a user friendly format.
- Upload the procedure documentation onto online portal.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use the new Core Platform software.
- Coordinate with the Training and Testing teams to develop materials for those teams as appropriate.
- Identify and escalate, as appropriate, gaps in processes and documentation.
- Project Management (10%)
- Assist the Procedures Manager in ensuring that the Procedures Project is developed and implemented under appropriate organizational standards and procedures.
- Maintain a log of how existing procedure and process documentation is impacted by the new procedure documentation.
Marginal Job Duties and Responsibilities (List other duties. Include % of time spent in each area, if significant)
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and Audit requirements
- Ensures adherence to organizational policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Trains or assists with training as required
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in IT, business, management, and/or communications.
Preferred Education or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge of banking, management and project management highly desirable.
- Proven track record of successful management and execution of projects
- Proven leadership in managing people in a matrix management environment for successful outcomes
- Software implementation and configuration experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Technical Writing experience.
Field of Experience
- Must work and communicate effectively with all levels of bank management, including Senior Management, branches and administrative departments, and with vendors, auditors, consultants and regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies required
- Able to read, study and understand technical written documentation such as regulations and internal and/or vendor specifications, etc
- Able to articulate basic concepts of the business unit for which the procedure is being written
- Basic understanding of process maps and being able to interpret into SOP document
- Knowledge of the release management phase of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Sharepoint, Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Analytical, organizational and planning skills required
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have strong management leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to use sound judgment
- Possesses attention to detail with excellent follow through
- Excellent time management skills
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to Bishop & Company email@example.com
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran