Senior Compliance Specialist - Hilo
Hilo, HI 96720
Bishop & Company is seeking an Sr. Compliance Specialist for the Big Island in the Hilo area. Ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and previous banking compliance experience.
Requirements of a Sr. Compliance Specialist;
- Must be familiar with Bank Secrecy Act Compliance.
- Detailed oriented and possess strong analytical skills.
- Primary job functions may require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service for incoming calls.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of work experience with the credit union with a strong Operational background (preferred)
- Related audit or finance work experience (preferred)
- Demonstrate computer proficiency with an emphasis in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in using the BSA/AML software.
- Ability to analyze and interpret transaction data.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Exhibits a positive and energetic attitude.
- Exhibits competent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of regulations within the financial services industry emphasis on BSA and AML.
- Frequent standing and walking
- Lifting up to 25-30 pounds; push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
Responsibilities of a Sr. Compliance Specialist;
- This position will be responsible for monitoring and identifying high risk transactions and customers through the analysis of data.
- Will have responsibility for compiling data necessary for the preparation of suspicious activity reports as required by the Bank Secrecy Act and related Anti-Money Laundering laws.
- Conducts account monitoring of high and moderate risk accounts and transactions.
- Reviews and analyzes alerts generated by the Bank’ s anti-money laundering software products.
- Provides support to branch personnel and other lines of business regarding cash transactions, suspicious activity and potential money laundering.
- Monitors and identifies high-risk transactions and customers through the analysis of data and report suspicious transactions as required by the BSA and related AML Laws.
- Assist with developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program.
- Participates in the development of products and services to existing and potential customers.
- Prepares documentation for Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS).
- Prepares documentation for Currency Transaction Reports (CTRS)
- Works with branch personnel to resolve issues associated with inaccurate or incomplete Cash Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Money Instrument Logs (MILs).
- Follows appropriate internal control procedures regarding the assessment, control and reduction of risk regarding fraud, abuse and mismanagement.
- Exercises care and diligence in the practice of internal controls ensuring records, reports and related documents are completed and properly stored for safe keeping.
- Consistently follows appropriate practices, policies and procedures to help attain organizational results and compliance.
- Conduct training sessions related to the Bank Secrecy Act and other compliance related topics.
- Assist with review and maintenance of all credit union policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all related laws and regulations applicable to the credit union.
Benefits of being a Sr. Compliance Specialist;
- Location: Hilo
- Pay: DOE
- Bishop & Company offers its temporary and contract employees attractive, competitive benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, and matching 401k plan for all those who qualify
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran