Security/Information Technology Manager
1308 Young Street Honolulu, HI 96814
This position is open to local applicants only and is not eligible for relocation assistance.
CORE JOB DUTIES (includes but not limited to)
- Security Management:
- Managing all aspects of security, including ensuring the physical security of facilities and overseeing computer systems.
- Directing security staff, to include making recommendations on employment-related decisions related to security staff, training security staff and assigning daily work for security staff based on assessment of fitness for specific assignments.
- Becoming knowledgeable about and following all State of Hawaii and all other applicable laws, regulations and rules related to medical marijuana.
- Becoming knowledgeable of and following all rules and operating procedures related to the operation of the business.
- Providing physical security at all facilities and contacting emergency services when appropriate.
- Installing and maintaining security related systems including but not limited to the DVR system and access control system for all facilities.
- Ensuring all security related systems remain operational and taking appropriate action to quickly remedy any failures.
- As requested by the Hawaii Department of Health, providing access to the DVRs requested in format requested.
- Conducting and/or assisting with the secure transportation of products and proceeds of the sale of products.
- Responding to equipment failures and other emergencies during off hours.
- Providing oversight and direction to security staff, including the scheduling of work assignments.
- As required, conducting security related tasks ensuring the safety of employees, patients and members of the public.
- Information Technology:
- Designing, installing and configuring computer systems, hardware and programs to determine functional specifications.
- Using systems analysis techniques and procedure, including consulting with others, to diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Liaising between IT service/software providers.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and network.
- Overseeing, managing and developing all transportation records and activities of product between cultivation, dispensary, and production facilities.
- Fully complying with all company and state transportation procedures and policies.
- Additional Duties as Required.
- Knowledge of State of Hawai’ i and all other applicable medical marijuana laws, regulations and rules. (Desired)
- Knowledge of physical security requirements and security personnel management skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
- Ability to design, install and configure computer systems and hardware, diagnose and solve hardware and software faults in part by consulting users, monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks and to serve as a liaison with service and software providers.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Bachelor’ s degree required.
- 2-5 years previous management experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in a security or IT managerial role preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary without oversight when needed.
- Knowledge and ability to comprehend and apply the State of Hawai’ i’ s and all other applicable medical marijuana laws, regulations and rules.
- Minimum of 21 years of age as required by state statute.
- Must pass background checks, including fingerprints and drug screening, per applicable requirements set forth under state statute.
- Must possess valid driver’ s license.
- Must have the ability to secure SOH guard card.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching
- Direct Reports: Security Officer(s)
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY
This is only a preview of the benefits we offer to our employees. Detailed information about eligibility, enrollment and other benefit provisions are provided upon employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be discontinued without notice.
- Medical, Drug, Vision, Dental Coverage
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Comp Time
- Employee Discount
Work Schedule: Varies; Monday – Friday; Occasional Weekends/Holidays/Night work may be required.
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, Must be available to interview immediately.***