841 Bishop Street Suite 1830 Honolulu, HI 96813 US
Bishop & Company is seeking a School Dietitian for a consulting firm in Honolulu. Candidate must be registered as a Registered Dietitian (RD) or a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission of Dietetic Registration as well as possess a valid food handler training level certification from the Hawaii Department of Health, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited organizations, or equivalent organization as determined by the Department of Education. Must also hold a valid driver's license.
The Dietitian operates under the direction of the Director of Solutions Delivery. The Dietitian plays a key role in providing technical assistance in overseeing public school food service programs and providing nutritionally balanced meals to children. The primary responsibility of dietitians includes developing nutritional programs and services for schools, including for those with dietary or medical requirements. The Dietitian will work as a technical resource and point of contact for all aspects of the dietetic program. This position entails analyzing, planning, and implementing methods to provide nutritious meals to a maximum number of children at a minimum unit price.
• Plan and develop statewide cycle menus, including the development of individualized modified diets for students with special dietary needs as prescribed by a recognized medical authority.
• Oversee the preparation and service of food and/or meals, working to ensure compliance with the School Food Services Branch (SFSB) and federal, state, and county food safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
• Prepare and maintain records and reports related to dietary activities with the goal of serving as a resource for nutritional information to students, parents, school faculty, etc.
• Conduct and analyze research to prepare menus based on nutritional considerations, USDA-FNS regulations, availability and cost of food items, available staffing, and food preferences.
• Performs other related duties as needed or assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Rich knowledge of the practices and procedures of dietetics, human nutrition, menu planning, food safety and sanitation, dietary requirements, etc.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to perform basic mathematics, including calculations using fractions, percents, and ratios.
• Demonstrate a high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills, involving the ability to collect and analyze data to offer logical recommendations and solutions to varying problems.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective relationships.
• Ability to read and interpret complex materials, such as State statutes and/or federal regulations, with the aptitude to draft comprehensive reports of findings and conclusions.
• Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
• Participate in the process of purchasing foods and assist with the development and review of bid specifications.
• Instruct and direct food service staff on food preparation methods, techniques, and requirements, ensuring that all federal, state, and county policies and procedures are followed.
• Bachelor’s degree with coursework approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
• Successful completion of a dietetic internship, or other equivalent approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
• Minimum of 3 years’ of experience in planning, coordination, and development and/or evaluation of programs and/or program activities, with at least one (1) year of institutional food service management.
• Must be registered as a Registered Dietitian (RD) or a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission of Dietetic Registration.
• Must possess a valid food handler training level certification from the Hawaii Department of Health, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited organizations, or equivalent organization as determined by the Department of Education.
• Must possess a valid license.
- Job Type: Temporary opportunity
- Pay: $25.32/hr
- Location: Honolulu, 92817
- Parking: parking allowance provided
- Benefits: Bishop & Company offers its temporary and contract employees attractive, competitive benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, and matching 401k plan for all those who qualify!
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii. We charge no fees to candidates and our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Location: Honolulu, HI
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran