Sales Manager - Wholesale, Retail, Distribution
269 Palii St Mililani, HI 96789
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Vice President of Sales for a wholesale to retail sales distribution industry in Honolulu.
Sales Manager - Wholesale, Retail, Distribution #17467
Business Development | Management | Operations | Strategic Leadership | Customer Retention | Account Management | Business Analytics | Forecasting | Wholesale | Retail Forecasting | Sales | Sales Management | B2B | Business to Business | Distribution |
Are you motivated by generating revenue? Do you consider yourself a creative strategist? Passionate about being a thought leader in your industry? Are you an exceptional relationship builder? Are you a motivating leader and driver of sales? Do you specialize in client management?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
Leads and manages all sales operations and oversees activities of the sales territories. The key objective is to grow incremental sales for the business while simultaneously improving customer acquisition and retention.
Builds and manages all aspects of a sales department inclusive of leading account management, business analytics, and channel development. Works closely with Divisional/Category Managers, Customer Support, Finance, Marketing, Operations; all cross functional departments for logistics and coordination, for the purpose of ensuring a first-class delivery experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a strategic leader in building creative sales strategies that are focused on consumer satisfaction and revenue generation for the business. Creates goals that comply with the attainment of the business’ s overall objectives and strives to meet and exceed these goals.
- Views business and forecasting through the use of analytical tools and metrics, to conduct analyses on the overall performance of the sales department. Identifying areas of improvement in the business’ s marketing strategies, identifying opportunities and understanding the market and competitive environment.
- Tracks sales activities and creates reports that represent performance and forecasting for use in strategic decision making.
- Represents the business within the industry and community. May participate in trade shows, sales workshops, sales seminars, and events on behalf of the organization.
- Responsible for collecting qualified leads and pertinent sales information, while keeping up with market trends, fostering long term relationships, networking, and client retention.
- Serves as a thought leader in the market, gaining the respect and trust of consumers and competitors alike.
- Responsible for securing and fostering relationships and connections to avidly represent the organization, share its vision and increase awareness.
- Identifies and develops new market opportunities by developing and maintaining knowledge of consumer, competitor, and market trends; staying “ up-to-date” with industry best practices and standards.
- Communicates and distributes up to date changes, trends, policies, procedures, goals and standards to all sales and service functions for the purpose of maximizing on sales opportunities, keeping the department and the business at par with the latest trends and best practices, giving the business a competitive edge and solidifying its position as a market leader.
- Serves as a collaborative leader partnering with all departments to ensure availability of product and solidify processes for operations to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensures that all internal strategies and objectives are aligned, to support sales efforts that are aligned to the organization’ s overall objectives. Works closely with senior leadership in the creation of new sales strategies and approaches, that align and contribute to achievement of overall organizational goals and metrics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s degree (master’ s preferred) in Communications, Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing, or any other related filed. An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable.
- Minimum 5 years in a sales or business development related position within a complex and fast-paced business environment. A suitable candidate will also demonstrate experience in sales research and how raw information and data is processed to become useful insights that assist the sales department in establishing appropriate strategies that lead to the achievement of goals and targets.
- Exceptional sales skills and a consistent track record in sales conversion success and performance.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and an ability to assimilate complex data and information from disparate sources and process it to address needs or issues. Highly proficient with research solutions to produce effective measurement systems; looking for opportunities to further the sales department’ s goals by adjusting strategies and approaches that enhance efficiency and performance.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Expressive, passionate and highly energetic in approach to leadership and production. Self-motivated with the ability to perform under minimal supervision. Proactive with an insatiable appetite for knowledge, learning and production. Possesses a strong ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Must have an ability to work well in group-settings and have an ability to remain calm under stressful scenarios and uncertainty.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite
- Mut possess the ability to build a cohesive team with a culturally diverse workforce. Also, being a representative of the organization’ s image must be an approachable individual, team player who possesses an ability to form long-lasting and meaningful relationships with others on behalf of the organization.
- In-depth understanding and experience in wholesale to retail industry, strongly preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years demonstrated supervisory experience, preferably in a sales or related industry/field. 3-5 years preferred.
- Possesses established contacts and relationships within the business’ s industry in addition to having experience working with sales account databases and CRM platforms, preferred.
STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran