Retail Credit Policy Analyst
915 Fort Street Mall, 7th Honolulu, HI 96816
Identifies and evaluates credit risks associated with the Bank' s consumer and residential loan portfolios. Provides analytical support and recommendations to implement sound credit risk management practices, assists in writing policies and procedures, and evaluates/updates underwriting standards of the Consumer Credit Policy dept. Works closely with the Director of Consumer Credit Policy.
- Develop, update and maintain retail credit policies and procedures.
- Identify, evaluate and manage risks for the retail loan portfolios, including regular portfolio reviews and account monitoring program to identify emerging credit trends and adverse changes in account risk profiles in a timely manner. Risk management practices include:
- Evaluate refreshed credit scores and collateral values (if applicable)
- Use behavioral scoring and analysis of individual borrower characteristics to identify high risk accounts and potential problem accounts
- Recommend preventive action as appropriate (such as freezing or reducing HELOC lines) for identified high risk accounts
- Analyze portfolio segmentation based on criteria such as product type, credit score, DTI, LTV, vintage, and lien position.
- Obtain updated information on collateral value when significant market factors indicate a potential decline in home values, or when the borrower' s payment performance deteriorates and greater reliance is placed on the collateral.
- Validate collateral valuation models on a periodic basis and document the validation' s analysis, assumptions and conclusions, including back testing of sample valuations against market data on actual sales (when AVM' s are used to support collateral valuations).
- Evaluate and update underwriting guidelines as appropriate.
- Review and track all retail credit policy exceptions to ensure adequate compensating factors.
- Develop stress testing assumptions and inputs for the retail loan portfolios.
- Analyze and support qualitative factors for the retail ALLL.
- Understand and stay on top of consumer regulations and regulatory guidance (including BASEL and all OCC publications, bulletins, or issuance relating to retail credit risk); align policies, procedures and practices to be in compliance
- Assist with review of Residential Credit Review findings and responses, including potential resolution/remediation of defects
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a financial institution with residential or consumer loan underwriting experience.
- Proficient knowledge of consumer loan products.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations as they relate to consumer lending.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and efficiently under time constraints.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with good organizational skills.
- Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***