QA Program Manager
999 Bishop Street (corner of Bishop & King) Honolulu, HI 96813 US
Bishop & Co. is seeking a QA Manager for our client, a highly respected, large financial institution in Honolulu, to support projects and applications. Motivate and lead a team of QA testers and assigning resources and projects.
Under the direction of the Application Services manager, the QA Program Manager supports projects and applications from a Quality Assurance/Testing perspective. Major areas of responsibility are including but not limited to motivating and managing a team of QA/testing resources, assigning resources to projects or applications, deploying process improvements and QA best practices, working with business units with planning, directing and coordinating quality assurance programs and formulating quality control policies.
Work to improve an organization's efficiency and profitability by reducing wasted effort in testing and quality practices.
- Recruiting, training, and managing a team of qualified solution and application testers who can perform a full range of testing including, but not limited to, integration testing, automated testing, system testing, performance testing, security testing, parallel and regression testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Determining, negotiating, documenting and obtaining acceptance on in-house quality procedures, standards, best practices and testing methods including creation of standards for test planning, test scenario documentation, test case construction, test data creation and management, testing practices including defect reporting and tracking.
- Establishing a base set of automated tools and practices to streamline testing processes and to enable future regression testing capacities.
- Establishing, tracking, and reporting project testing metrics and establishing a reporting cadence to project teams and project governance bodies.
- Ensuring that Investment Planning Process (IPP) and Project Life Cycle (PLC) processes comply with industry best practices.
- Working with other EPMO staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures which interlock with other PLC practices and to create training which facilitates end-user independence in some testing areas.
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality across the organization.
- Developing a training plan and regimen for application and software testers to hone their skills sets and improve their effectiveness when assigned to project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
- Overall QA or test manager for IT projects or software support
- QA and Testing Certification (IIST, International Institute of Software Testing)
- CBAP Certification (IIBA, International Institute of Business Analysis)
- PMP Certification (PMI, Project Management Institute)
- Agile/Scrum or Lean Certification (ACI, Agile Certification Institute)
- Significant experience with Quality Assurance Management methods and techniques
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field
- Certification of quality control is a strong advantage (ISO 9000 etc.)
- Proven track record in relationship building with key decision-makers
- Frequent contact with organization personnel at all levels.
- Good knowledge of the organization's CIP, BSA and AML policies and procedures
- Communication Skills – effective verbal and written communication is also important in this role, as QA program managers provide reports to production managers
- Quality Assurance – a solid foundation in quality assurance is a necessity in this role, since QA program managers need to thoroughly understand processes in order to develop improved and effective procedures
- Team Coordination – QA program managers direct and oversee personnel within their departments, so effective leadership, coordination, and motivation skills are vital
- Process Enhancement – effective QA managers constantly find ways to streamline processes and boost efficiency, so they should have extensive knowledge of process improvement and enhancement
- Organization Skills – this role requires a high degree of organization to successfully direct and oversee all quality assurance procedures and coordinate production processes
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran