Project Manager - Retail Development
801 Kaheka St. Honolulu, HI 96814 US
The Store Development Project Manager provides management assistance and coordination leadership on assigned store development projects. Will provide oversight to all phases of the assigned projects, managing it from beginning to end: Project Initiation; planning; execution; monitor & control; and closure. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Participates in the planning, design, and development of new store layout and design and, the renovation of existing stores.
- Involved in the management of all phases of the project, including set-up, planning, team and project coordination, and design and construction administration.
- Develop and monitor project work plan, project schedule, project budget, fees, contract, change orders, billings, and collections.
- Coordinates, schedules, and attends architectural design/schedule matters and follows through to ensure required action is completed as required.
- Ensure all plans and required submittals are processed with appropriate government body and follows through to obtain approvals and track progress of the submittals to receipt of required approvals.
- Monitors and coordinates the work of project architects, engineers, and consultants to ensure conformance of scope of work with budget and schedule.
- Ensures that change management processes are followed in accordance with guidelines.
- Generate punch list and ensure timely follow-up and completion.
- Coordinate draw submittal with accounting, reviewing monthly draw for conformance with Operating agreements.
- Ensure all documents and materials are maintained throughout the project. (Also maintain audit & decision logs).)
- Prepare periodic reports regarding status of construction, cost variances, and other project related progress, including identifying any lead-time problems or set-back with schedule.
- Work with cross-departmental partners and overseas team, as needed, to achieve project goals.
- Consult with the legal department for any contractual matter or other legal related issues concerning the project.
- Monitors project closeout process including contract closeouts, punch list and final payments.
- Plan, develop, and manage fire safety evacuation plans in all projects and conduct regular checks to ensure that all stores comply with fire safety requirements.
- Complies with OSHA guidelines and promotes safety and safe working conditions.
- May be assigned other related duties.
- College degree in Engineering, Facility Management, Architecture, Construction Management, or Project Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analyst and/or commercial/retail development projects.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel & Power point; Microsoft Project; and Auto-Cad or Cad are required.
- Program Management knowledge, running multiple projects simultaneously is helpful.
- Ability to direct projects autonomously, making effective and timely decisions.
- Good organization, communication, and administration skills.
- Good time management skills – effectively prioritizing and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written skills.
- High sense of awareness for expense control.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and communicate with people at all levels.
- Hawaii State Driver’s License
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii. We charge no fees to candidates and our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran