Pearl City, HI 96782
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Personal Banker for a leading Financial organization in Honolulu.
PERSONAL BANKER #17356
Banking | Customer Relationships | Business Development | Customer Service | Sales |Customer Experience | Banking Services| Product Knowledge |Solution Oriented| Client Management
Are you motivated by sales performance and exceeding expectations? Do you specialize in customer relationships? Passionate about personal finance? Are you goal oriented?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
This position is responsible for acquisition, retention and expansion of new and existing customer relationships. The Personal Banker provides exceptional service by taking ownership of the customer experience from introducing the customer to Bank through profiling, assessing their banking and borrowing needs, and recommending appropriate products based on a thorough knowledge of Bank products and services. This position builds a profile of each customer and maintains frequent personal, phone or email contact in an effort to grow and deepen customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively interview and profile customers in order to recommend appropriate banking products and services.
- Proactively offers ideas and solutions to help customers recognize possibilities and strategies that will help them build and strengthen their financial position.
- Strategically utilize advertising leads, MCIF lists, personal contacts, referrals from the Bank and branch customer base to build a book of business through deposit generation.
- Effectively partner with other business lines within the Bank to identify sales opportunities and provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Open and close all consumer and businesses products.
- Process complex transactions including: changing account ownership, living trusts, guardianship accounts, and estate assignments.
- Originate consumer loans, act as a customer advocate to ensure prompt processing of consumer loans.
- In conjunction with the Manager, makes business development calls each month as assigned.
- May conduct offsite presentations such as Financial Literacy Seminars and Bank at Work presentations to build branch consumer and business customer base
- May lead branch and district sales campaigns
- Set an example for the CSR staff in the area of customer service and customer advocacy.
- Perform teller duties as required.
- Support branch lobby management
- Conduct care calls with existing consumer and business clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain a complete understanding of products, services and the Bank’ s business-customer acquisition strategy.
- Monitors personal weekly/monthly sales efforts, ensuring sales targets and results are achieved.
- May partner with leadership to mentor and coach CSR staff to enhance their sales skills.
- Participates in branch events/sponsorships and is involved with groups and organizations within the community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’ s degree in business related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in customer service, sales or banking required. Sales experience in the banking or financial industry preferred.
- Local travel required. Valid driver' s license, vehicle, and liability insurance are required.
- Demonstrated sales experience with proven results including diverse customer profiles and complex needs
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to encourage open communication by listening attentively and actively. Excellent business writing skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment. Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
- ** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***