Operations Supervisor - Kona
Kona, HI 96740
Bishop & Company is seeking an Operations Supervisor in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. Ideal candidate will have strong operational background and credit union industry experience with an analytical mindset.
Requirements of an Operations Supervisor;
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum three years of work experience with the credit union with a strong Operational background (preferred)
- Related audit or finance work experience (preferred)
- Demonstrate computer proficiency with an emphasis in Microsoft Office programs.
- Be knowledgeable in all CU Hawaii Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in using the BSA/AML software.
- Ability to analyze and interpret transaction data.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Exhibits competent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of regulations within the financial services industry emphasis on BSA and AML.
- Computer proficient; able to operate Microsoft office.
- Frequent standing and walking
- Lifting up to 25-30 pounds; push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
Responsibilities of an Operations Supervisor;
- This position will be responsible for monitoring and identifying high risk transactions and customers through the analysis of data.
- Will have responsibility for compiling data necessary for the preparation of suspicious activity reports as required by the Bank Secrecy Act and related Anti-Money Laundering laws.
- Must be familiar with Bank Secrecy Act Compliance.
- Must be extremely detailed and possess strong analytical skills.
- Works under general supervision and by following proper policies and procedures.
- Primary job functions may require exercising independent judgment.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service for incoming calls. Performs additional tasks as assigned by BSA officer.
- Assist with developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program. Participates in the development of Credit Union products and services to existing and potential customers. Interacts with all credit union management and personnel.
- Conducts account monitoring of high and moderate risk accounts and transactions.
- Reviews and analyzes alerts generated by the Bank’ s anti-money laundering software products.
- Provides support to branch personnel and other lines of business regarding cash transactions, suspicious activity and potential money laundering.
- Monitors and identifies high-risk transactions and customers through the analysis of data and report suspicious transactions as required by the BSA and related AML Laws.
- Prepares documentation for Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS).
- Prepares documentation for Currency Transaction Reports (CTRS)
- Works with branch personnel to resolve issues associated with inaccurate or incomplete Cash Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Money Instrument Logs (MILs).
- Follows appropriate internal control procedures regarding the assessment, control and reduction of risk regarding fraud, abuse and mismanagement.
- Exercises care and diligence in the practice of internal controls ensuring records, reports and related documents are completed and properly stored for safe keeping.
- Consistently follows appropriate practices, policies and procedures to help attain organizational results and compliance.
- Conduct training sessions related to the Bank Secrecy Act and other compliance related topics.
- May be required to provide supervision for day to day tasks for the Compliance Specialist.
- Assist with review and maintenance of all credit union policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all related laws and regulations applicable to the credit union.
Benefits of being an Operations Supervisor;
- Kona, Big Island
- Direct- hire opportunity
- Compensation DOE
- Bishop & Company offers its temporary and contract employees attractive, competitive benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, and matching 401k plan for all those who qualify
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran