Network Operations Center, NOC Technician
91-340 Farrington Highway Kapolei, HI 96707
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible to deliver superior customer service to maintain the contracted levels of RF/IF and IP/Terrestrial services to our customers. Responsible for the operation and maintenance including everything from the Antenna to the customer racks.
- Deliver superior customer service to our customers.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure effective results on all workflows.
- Monitors RF service levels and takes appropriate action to maintain those contracted levels.
- Works with customers in the configuration and troubleshooting of their equipment.
- Opens/closes Trouble tickets as required.
- Document/maintain accurate information in the databases used in Operations.
- Uses test measurement and diagnostic equipment to analyze, troubleshoot, document and restore services.
- Preform preventive maintenance procedures as assigned.
- Configures, troubleshoot and maintains various satellite equipment including but not limited to: Antenna’ s, ACU’ s, LNA’ s/LNB’ s, Transmitters, Converters (Up/Down, BDC and BUC’ s) and all associated protection switches.
- Initiates emergency restoration procedures following commercial power failures if auto systems fails.
- Monitors and troubleshoots terrestrial services for proper operation.
- Monitors and troubleshoots RF, IF, and L-band systems for proper contracted levels.
- Operate M&C and security systems as needed.
- Provide remote troubleshooting of earth station to mobile/stabilized VSAT systems if needed.
- Interact with satellite provider as needed to resolve anomalies reported by spacecraft operator or customers.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Associates Degree or technical school graduate or equivalent experience. 1-2 years’ experience within the industry required (preferably in Operations, NOC and/or Program Prep) plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Satcom industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Visio and Excel
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to analyze relationships between problem components.
- Possesses the capacity to identify and prioritize issues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary.
- Proactive and resourceful individual and detail-oriented
The is a 24x7 facility and requires a candidate that is flexible to be available for any shift and to work weekends as required. Must have the ability to lift and move equipment up to 75 pounds. Must be able to climb antennas for troubleshooting and maintenance.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to: Bishop & Company
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***