952 North King Street Honolulu, HI 96817-4544
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified MEDICAL ADMINISTRATION/PHYSICIAN leaders for its client based in Honolulu.
*** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
The Medical Director is responsible for the overall direction and oversight of all medical services provided and for championing a service-oriented culture focused on provider and employee engagement, quality, patient safety, fiscal responsibility, patient engagement, and overall patient experience. The Medical Director works in collaboration with other clinical leadership to implement, coordinate, and improve clinical management initiatives.
The Medical Director provides direct patient care as well as makes clinical-related administrative decisions. This position is up to 40% clinical and 60% administration.
- Provides clinical leadership for organization’ s medical programs.
- Provides patient care including medical evaluation, treatment, and consultation services to patients in accordance with acceptable standards, and within the organization’ s scope and practice guidelines.
- Documents in the electronic medical record within required timeframes.
- Provides clinical leadership and oversight for medical services delivered by providers in the practice.
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of all medical staff and others who report to her/him (either directly or indirectly) including Physicians (MD/DOs), and Nurse Practitioners (APRNs).
- Available to staff as needed. Responds to emergencies and responds to medical patients’ needs.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Operations to foster and support cross-functional care-teams to ensure that patient care and the medical practice meet safety & risk management standards coupled with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Plays an active role in recruiting and retaining medical staff.
- Recommends, initiates, and actively participates in implementing clinical programs to meet community health care needs. Provides guidance to Administration in developing new patient care services and techniques in accordance with scientifically based primary health care standards.
- Plays a key role in conducting the ongoing evaluation of program effectiveness and appropriateness.
- Works collaboratively with other clinical leaders to develop the annual Health Care Plan, with outcome-based performance measures. Exercises leadership and guidance to the medical/clinical staff in achieving the clinical measure goals.
- Provides professional liaison with outside patient care providers and facilities, and with health professions training programs and research projects.
- Reviews patient records and furnishes professional guidance and assistance to providers
- Assures ongoing implementation of an effective quality improvement programs that sustains a high level of service quality
- Participates in the functions of the Executive Team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Board Certified Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy.
- Current unrestricted license from the Hawaii Medical Board to practice as a physician in the State of Hawaii.
- Current DEA registration.
- Minimum Experience: Five (5) years of practice experience.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Board Certified Family Medicine Physician, Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy. Meet ACGME requirements for a Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Five (5) years of practice experience in a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC), Look-A-Like, or similar Organization, in an urban area with a diverse population.
- Three (3) years of senior management experience in a health care setting.
- Outstanding Emotional Intelligence
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)