Jr. Software Engineer/Data Scientist with STEM-related Background
41-305 Kalanianaole Highway Makai Research Pier Waimanalo, HI 96795
Preferred candidates should have strong programming and analytical skills with a science, engineering or math-related background who is internally motivated to learn new skills to succeed. Strong candidates should have experience developing component software in a tool of choice (Python preferred) and integrating and unit testing the component software within a larger system on the AWS Cloud. It is strongly preferred for the candidate to perform the work at office in Waimanalo, HI, however exceptional candidates will be considered for remote work.
Important Assets for this position include:
• Applicants must have a technical background (e.g., at least an undergraduate degree and ideally work experience in Science/Engineering/Math)
• An ability to think clearly to solve technical problems;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Experience with the Windows and Linux programming environments with the aptitude and willingness to learn more
• Possession of U.S. citizenship or a green card is required.
• Experience developing and testing algorithms in Python or MATLAB is required;
• Experience with deploying software on the AWS cloud is highly desirable;
• Experience working on a team project using svn or other code repository systems;
• Experience in reviewing and debugging other developers’ code;
Candidates with many of the above qualifications will be most highly considered.
1. Comprehensive Resume including academic and practical/work experience, year(s) of graduation, current location.
2. Cover Letter highlighting how your education, experience and training relevant to this position.
Full-time position for 6 weeks, and will very likely be extended
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran