Information Security Operations Engineer
Honolulu, HI 96813
• High school or equivalent
• 5 years experience Information Security and/or Security Operations experience. Prior experience within a financial services organization is a plus
• 3 years working knowledge of security technologies including but not limited to firewalls, SIEM, web proxies, DLP, encryption, IDS/IPS and the ability to apply security principles based on best practices and industry standards.
Required Skills or Training
• Hands-on experience with security architecture, technologies, and solutions.
• Experience detecting, analyzing, and responding security events.
• Able to apply security principles and oversight based on best practices and industry standards.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Able to work collaboratively across the organization.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience in network and system administration, programming, systems development, Security Operations Center (SOC), and/or incident response.
• Demonstrated proficiency in a broad range of operating systems, platforms, client/server and web applications, and security services such as authentication and encryption technologies; Possesses knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, OSI model and associated vulnerabilities.
• Possesses solid understanding of Federal and state laws/regulations relating to information safeguards and controls, including laws such as National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST). Knowledge of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and section 501(b) of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act is a plus.
• Demonstrates in-depth analytical skills, including the ability to consolidate broad data sets from multiple sources, both internal and external, to identify patterns and/or risk factors.
• Must be self-motivated with a strong willingness to learn in a hands-on learning environment. Critical thinker with the ability to research, develop and communicate solutions to detect security incidents in a timely manner.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to Bishop & Company
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran