IT Support Specialist
41-305 Kalanianaole Highway , Makai Research Pier Waimanalo, HI 96795 US
Our client is a renowned ocean engineering company specializing in cutting edge R&D and commercial software solutions. We are dedicated to advancing marine technologies, renewable energy, and creating a positive impact on our oceans.
Job Summary: Join our growing team as an IT Support Specialist. As a valued member of our team, you will provide critical IT support and administration services to our on-site and remote workforce. You will support cybersecurity requirements to meet the Department of Defense Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification framework and our research and development ocean technology projects.
• Deliver technical support to on-site and remote employees for computer hardware and software through help desk tickets, phone calls, and in-person assistance.
• Helping remote working with VPN connections.
• Responding to folder access requests.
• Providing exemptions for USB devices.
• Troubleshooting network access problems.
• Managing IT asset inventory.
• Configure new end-user systems with appropriate software and security settings.
• Creating smart cards, installing desktop software, and configuring BIOS and Windows security controls prior to delivery to employees. Running automation protocols to enumerate configuration compliance.
• Conduct regular security log audit reviews, vulnerability scans, and patch management analysis and reports. o Reviewing logs pertaining to the firewalls, file accesses, network and endpoint security.
• Create comprehensive tutorials for common administrative tasks. Assist in the creation of documentation in support of common installation, troubleshooting, and end-user tutorials.
• Provide IT-related assistance to specific commercial and government projects in need of support.
• Analyze network traffic flow.
• Configure small form factor single board computers.
• Assist in uploading monthly reports, proposals, and large data transfers.
• Other opportunities for growth and leaning, potentially including software development.
• Proven professional experience in IT, demonstrated through past jobs, internships, or IT certifications.
• Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent writing skills for creating tutorials and audit reports.
• Positive and professional demeanor.
• Must be eligible for a “Secret” security clearance which requires a background investigation.
• Attention to detail: Thorough and conscientious in attending to detail.
• Adaptability: Ability to handle various job duties and responsibilities in a small business environment.
• Problem-solving: Identify issues, determine root causes, and implement effective solutions. Provide suggestions for IT process improvement.
• Oral communication: Communicate clearly at the level of knowledge of the audience. Actively listen and recognize potential communication challenges.
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. • Health insurance and retirement plan options. • Flexible working hours. • Opportunities for professional development and growth.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii. We charge no fees to candidates and our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran