IT Help Desk Analyst
98-810 Moanalua Road H-4 Aiea, HI 96701
• Field incoming help requests by handling incoming queries and help requests from end users. The Help Desk Analyst will ask questions to determine the full scope of the user’ s issue, take detailed notes of the problem and determine the steps to resolve the issues while managing the flow of incoming requests.
• Resolve IT support requests directly as they arrive if possible either through remotely accessing the user’ s computer or verbally walking the user through the steps to resolve an issue.
• Escalate advanced cases and user support requests to higher Tiered IT support experts if unable to resolve the issues on their own. Notes are to be provided to the supervisor or higher-level IT support to show steps already taken to try and resolve the issue.
• Maintain service records including detailed records of end-user issues with software and hardware.
• Perform system testing and updates following initial issue remediation to ensure that fixes to the reported have not caused problems elsewhere in the system.
• Maintain IT documentation to support department-wide operations by creating, editing, and maintaining IT documents including the service tickets, FAQ documents, and knowledge bases.
• Adds, modifies, and deletes system login and E-mail user accounts, including creation, modification to file rights and accessibility, and deletes unused accounts in accordance with prescribed company procedures. Configuration includes both the hardware and software components of these devices
• Work in collaboration with the project and engineering teams on the deployment and upgrade of systems at customer sites and locations
• Possible on call duties to support 24 hour operations.
Education & Experience
• Associate' s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education
• Substantial experience in providing IT support to users from various business organizations or departments which may operate their own different set of networks and systems
• Outstanding knowledge of IT service desk processes, technology terms, and Microsoft operating systems
• At least one technical certification from an approved list of vendors including CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware (or equivalent in training/education level)
Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to manage time and be able to set priorities when handling multiple cases
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with staff, clients, and vendors while maintaining a professional demeanor when necessary
• Ability to work as a team member in a collaborative working environment
• Ability to logically problem solve by gathering data about problems, preparing detailed notes and reports and delivering a targeted solution
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran