Human Resources Manager
65-1120 Mamalahoa Hwy Kamuela, HI 96743
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Human Resources Manager for the science and technology industry organization, based in Kamulea, Hawai' i (Big Island).
Human Resources and Administration Manager – Big Island #17518
| Human Resources | Employee Engagement | Administration | Recruiting | Compliance | HR Strategy | Learning & Development | Talent Management Recruiting | Science and Technology |
Are you motivated by building company culture? Do you consider yourself a creative strategist? Passionate about being a thought leader in your industry? Are you an exceptional relationship builder? Do you offer experience in a science, technology, engineering or related industry? Do you specialize in finding talent?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
The Human Resources and Administration Manager (HRAM) designs and implements the human resources program for the organization in keeping with its goals, mission, vision and values. Leads the HR and Office Administration team to meet high level goals while building staff morale, ensuring strong retention of top performers, recruiting excellent new staff, handling personnel issues professionally and to the benefit of the organization, and meeting all state and Federal legal and regulatory requirements applicable to human resources practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops HR strategies and the HR program in line with organizational priorities; makes recommendations to impact the organization’ s strategic thinking and direction and establishes HR objectives in line with organizational goals.
- Oversees an effective HR program that is aligned with organization’ s needs and resources. The HR program will include talent management, professional learning and development; competitive compensation; positive employee relations and engagement; and implementation of effective change initiatives as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant state and federal laws and regulations. Keeps leadership apprised of implications for changes in the legal and regulatory environment.
- Ensures that HR operations are fiscally sound and in line with financial strategies through effective estimating, forecasting, and anticipation of requirements.
- Develops key performance indicators for recruitment, retention, morale, professional development, compensation, and performance management.
- Supports management by providing human resources counsel, and decision-making guidance.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicates and guides the organization in alignment with organizational values.
- Supervises HR Department staff; recruits, orients, engages, guides professional learning and development; coaches, mentors and evaluates performance of department staff to align and achieve organizational and departmental goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required bachelor’ s degree in business administration, human resources, or related field. Relevant work experience may be used as a substitute for the education requirement
- Required seven (7) plus years of experience in a senior level Human Resources position including consultations regarding organizational strategies.
- Required knowledge of compensation strategy, performance management, employee relations, safety practices and talent acquisition.
- Required knowledge of Hawaii State and Federal labor laws and related regulatory compliance.
- Required experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork.
- Required to be capable of compiling and analyzing data to guide strategic planning and decision making.
- Required Microsoft Office Proficiency.
- Preferred master’ s degree in human resources, MBA, or master’ s level degree in a related field; or the equivalent of such academic achievement evidenced by a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Preferred World at Work CCP and/or SHRM SCP certification or similar professional certification awarded by a recognized professional body that demonstrates a command of a broad understanding of the field of human resources.
- Preferred prior experience working in a non-profit, engineering, science, or research environment.
- Preferred prior successful HR management experience directly affecting both hourly employees performing trade manual labor and salaried professionals.
- STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED *** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran