Human Resources Manager
2500 Kuhio Ave Honolulu, HI 96815
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Human Resources Manager for the tourism/hospitality industry in Honolulu, HI.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER #17605
Human Resources | Senior Leadership | Recruiting | Training | Payroll | Benefit Administration | Employee Relations | Hiring and Terminating
Are you motivated by cultivating talent and building company culture? Do you consider yourself to have strong knowledge and experience in the area of human resources? Passionate about employee relations? Are you exceptional at training and coaching?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
To provide services and programs that enhance the performance capability of the employees and enable achievement of key business results by managing the Human Resources function. Completes human resources functions in a timely and accurate fashion, to include: recruiting, hiring and terminating employees, training, payroll, worker’ s compensation, benefit administration, employee relations, safety program, recordkeeping, and other administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds and maintains relationships with all levels of employees
- Works with managers to identify position requirements
- Recruits candidates that demonstrate a good fit with the culture and fills positions with qualified candidates on a timely basis
- Finds creative and updated methods of streamlining the HR Department
- Assists in diffusing employee issues/complaints in a timely manner and in conjunction with the HR Director
- Oversees administration of HR/Benefits issues and ensures adherence to employment related laws
- Keeps current on applicable laws
- Maintains records in accordance with the law
- Provides payroll with the required information to process paychecks
- Coordinates participation by employees in the benefit plan; seeks opportunities to market existing benefits and supplement with locally provided benefits as appropriate
- Coordinates the hotel’ s response to legal claims regarding the employment relationships; coordinates with corporate as appropriate
- Supports on-going training in “ Can Do Attitude” by working with managers to develop and implement fresh approaches
- Ensures that key education and training courses are delivered at the hotel in accordance with organization standards
- Ensures that employees receive the reinforcement of training needed to understand expectations and job responsibilities
- Counsels managers and employees on effective ways to communicate and reinforce performance expectations and address and resolve employment related issues
- Encourages recognition of employee’ contribution by coordinating a hotel-wide recognition programs
- Assists in coaching employees both line level and managers on effective ways to motivate the team and maximize employee engagement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree preferred
- Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran