Human Resources Manager
1308 Young Street Honolulu, HI 96814
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Human Resources professional for an entrepreneurial organization in Honolulu.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER #17265
Entrepreneurial | Human Resources | Management | Recruitment | Staff Development | Compliance | Payroll
Are you motivated by a fast-paced startup environment? Do you specialize in creating and implementing systems and procedures? Passionate about people? Are you proficient in HR Administration, Talent Acquisition and Payroll?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the administration and management of employee human resources and payroll related activities in accordance with all state and federal laws and standards set by the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the recommendation, development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Plans, organizes and controls activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures company compliance.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations for improvement of the company’ s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Assists executive management in review, preparation, and administration of compensation program.
- Prepares and maintains the employee handbook.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in staff and other meetings.
- Performs benefit administration; communicates benefit information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment efforts with various departments, writes and places advertisements, works with managers and supervisors to screen and interview candidates, conduct reference checks, extend job offers, conduct new hire orientations and monitor employee relations counseling and conduct exit interviews.
- Manages all payroll related duties.
- Implements and administers incentive and bonus program.
- Facilitates payroll training and training materials for new hires, existing employees, supervisors and managers.
- Manages workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Coordinates and executes yearly open-enrollment initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of State of Hawai’ i laws, regulations and rules related to medical marijuana preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize excellent initiative and judgement when addressing conflict and emergency situations.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to interact comfortably with senior management and team members.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation.
- Successful work experience within problem solving, and high volume of multitasking.
- Desire to perform work in great detail that yields high levels of accuracy and accountability.
- Demonstrate ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.
- Possess the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Bachelor’ s degree required.
- 5+ years of combined HR, Benefit Administration, WC, Employee Training, and Payroll experience.
- Experience with HR and Payroll databases and apps; Familiarity with social media recruiting.
- Minimum of 21 years of age as required by state statute.
- Must possess valid driver’ s license and personal vehicle.
- Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws, rules and regulations.
- Must pass background checks, including fingerprints and drug screening, per applicable requirements set forth under state statute.
STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required.
BENEFITS (include, but not limited to)
- Medical, Drug, Vision, Dental Coverage
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Comp Time
- Employee Discount
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***