Human Resources Director
1485 Linapuni Street. Ste 105 Honolulu, HI 96819
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified Human Resources Administration candidates for its client based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR #16876
*** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
Primary responsibilities of the HR Director are to ensure the highest possible quality workforce to carry out the mission, goals and objectives of the organization, through staff advocacy and adherence to all applicable laws and regulations, proactive and efficient staffing, maintenance of a desirable benefits package, and creating a culture of superior job performance and customer service.
The HR Director provides guidance and support on HR matters to the management and supervisory staff, particularly in the areas of staff performance and corrective action.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of HR business functions, including recruitment, employment processing, employee benefits, leave and disability management, employee relationship development, compliance, reporting. etc.
- Provides leadership for efficient HR operations, and supervises the staff to ensure they have the knowledge necessary to manage roles efficiently and in compliance with legal and funder requirements.
- Works with Executive Management to evaluate, design and implement initiatives including benefit plans, salary structure, and review and revision of HR policies and procedures. Provides leadership for HR initiatives by facilitating research on best practices in support of planning and improvement processes. Implements new HR programs, benefits, training, etc. as needed.
- Provides guidance and support on HR matters to all levels of managers and supervisors and ensures that personnel practices are in compliance with labor laws and agency’ s HR policies and procedures. Provides counsel, direction and oversight for all corrective and disciplinary action. Counsels staff regarding their ER concerns; conducts investigations of misconduct or other complaints.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Possesses leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate staff in a creative, resourceful, and supportive manner.
- Is able to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Works in partnership with other team members both in the agency and in the community.
- Possesses strong human resource management skills and advanced knowledge of legal, organizational, and individual impacts of all aspects of HR.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and creativity in problem resolution.
- Demonstrates excellent computing skills (Excel, Word, Outlook plus advanced experience with at least one HR/Benefits solution software such as PeopleSoft, HRB, or other.)
- Bachelor’ s degree in HR Management or related field, required.
- SHRM or other relevant certification highly desirable.
- Four or more years of experience in Human Resources in a large organization (250+ employees) required. (Federal contractor, State of HI contractor, and non-profit experience highly desirable.)
- Three years of experience managing an HR department and multiple exempt staff, required.
- Possess a valid driver’ s license and daily access to an automobile.
- Possesses proof of no-fault insurance.
- Is able to obtain acceptable criminal and financial background checks.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***