Human Resources Consultant
567 South King St. #105 Honolulu, HI 96813
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a Human Resources Consultant opportunity for its client based in Honolulu.
HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTANT #16306
Serves as a partner to leadership by aligning employee initiatives with organizational goals and objectives to increase effectiveness and mitigate risk. Identifies and advises on implementation of creative solutions and/or best practices for operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with leadership to align employee initiatives with organizational goals and objectives.
- Partners with leadership on long-range planning to align business objectives and talent needs.
- Consults with executives and senior leaders to enhance the effectiveness of leadership to promote high performing work groups and improved employee engagement.
- Consults regarding creative solutions and/or best practices on complex issues for operational excellence.
- Consults on business unit reorganizing, restructuring, workforce planning, change engagement, and succession planning. Identifies training needs for departments and coaching needs for individual leaders.
- Consults with managers and supervisors regarding performance management, individual performance development plans, corrective action, and career development.
- Independently advises diagnoses and resolves with management complex employee relations issues to improve productivity, work relationships, morale, and retention.
- Facilitates team-based interventions to promote high performing work groups and culture.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations for high risk, high profile and/or complex issues with little or no supervisory oversight.
- Designs, develops and administers policies, procedures, and practices compliant with employment laws to mitigate organizational risk.
- Independently designs and delivers training on various HR/Employee Relations topics to diverse audiences.
- Proactively trains to strengthen management effectiveness.
- Facilitates change through communication, understanding and training during organizational transitions to new initiatives and projects.
- Delivers effective and timely integrated HR services and support.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field.
- 5+ years of applicable experience for HR Consultant position. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed
- Demonstrates ability to partner with leaders to align people plans with organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of the full range of federal and state employment and labor laws and regulations (i.e. ADA, FMLA, UI, wage and hour laws, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in multiple human resources disciplines, including employee and labor relations, performance management, policy administration, workforce planning, and organizational change.
- Demonstrates ability to independently advise managers and supervisors regarding performance management, individual performance development plans, corrective action, and career development.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business unit reorganizing, restructuring, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Demonstrates ability to conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations for the highest risk, highest profile and/or most complex issues with little or no supervisory oversight.
- Demonstrates ability to independently design and deliver training on various HR topics to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate change during organizational transitions to new initiatives and projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Excellent working knowledge of technology and proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, word processing, data management, and presentation applications.
- Experience in business process improvement or redesign.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to manage competing priorities.
- Must be able to uphold the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to travel to various locations, including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as required to meet goals and objectives.
- 2+ years’ experience as supervisor, team lead or program manager.
- Experience working in an educational setting.
- Experience working with a unionized workforce.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)