Human Resources Assistant/Recruiter
705 N Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu, HI 96817
Bishop & Company is seeking a HR Generalist in the Honolulu area. Ideal candidate will have previous human resources experience. Must be available to start immediately!
Responsibilities of a HR Generalist;
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude and conduct her/himself with integrity and in a polite, professional manner treating customers and co-workers courteously and respectfully.
- Communicates regularly with Officers, Managers, & Supervisors about the different divisions and department’ s issues.
- Consistently be on time for work, meetings and appointments and deliver work projects by assigned due dates.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Meet productivity goals and quality standards as set by management.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and balance priorities.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism.
- Heavy recruitment.
- Responsible for on-boarding elements for new hires.
- Answer questions and assist employees with HR issues or concerns.
- Attend job fairs as necessary.
- Perform administrative duties such as filing and completing weekly reports.
- Compile information for AAP and EEO requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of a HR Generalist;
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible in work hours, occasional hours outside of standard work hours.
- Ability to effectively operate office equipment, to include desktop computers, calculators, printers, copy machines and telephones.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Good attitude; must be a team player.
- 2 years Human Resources experience.
- 6 months - 1 year Recruitment experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the construction and marine industry preferred.
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- All candidates must submit to and pass a post-offer drug screening and a background check before employment begins. Failure to complete any of these steps will result in disqualification
- Valid State of Hawaii drivers’ license in good standing, class 3 or higher
- Candidates must have access to reliable transportation to get to work and other job and off-site meetings, job fairs, etc.
Benefits of being a HR Generalist;
- Pay: $20/hr.
- Honolulu- airport area
- Long term temporary Opportunity
- Bishop & Company offers its temporary and contract employees attractive, competitive benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, and matching 401k plan for all those who qualify
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran