Food Drive & Events Assistant
2611 Kilihau St., Honolulu, HI 96819
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Supports food drive and events activities through responsibilities including but not limited to
• Presenting mission, programs, food drives, and events through public speaking engagements, conducting tours, staffing conference and event exhibit tables, etc.to build donor relationships, engage food drive hosts, and solicit gifts effectively;
• Maintains accurate and adequate inventory of food drive and/or event materials,
• maintains updated food drive and events calendar;
• Serves as primary contact for company engagement, as assigned.
• Completes monthly reporting summaries for current, completed, and projected campaigns and meetings, annual reports, newsletters, events, website, etc.
• Work interdepartmentally to coordinate campaign logistics which include but are not limited to food drive drop-offs, donation pick-ups, events, etc.
• Provide back-up support to Food Drive & Special Events Director and relevant staff during campaigns and events.
• Provide excellent customer service and collaboration with donors for campaign and event success and increased community engagement.
• Supports multi-faceted campaigns and events through excellent administrative organization and accurate record keeping, including but not limited to:
• Ensuring timely and complete donation tracking and donor information updates regarding food and fund drive and events and assisting with donation processing during peak donation times, providing regular and situational reports.
• Completes data entry in Raiser’ s Edge event module including but not limited to budget, expenses, participants and event details. Maintains accuracy of Outlook contact and Raiser’ s Edge database
• Providing event/campaign support through timely sponsorship mailings, managing event/campaign donation spreadsheets, generating thank you letters/receipts and event donation wrap up.
• Maintains filing and organization system for campaigns and events.
• Support events with assigned responsibilities, including but not limited to budget tracking and expenses.
• Build relationships with staff to acquire the information needed to solicit gifts and build donor relationships effectively.
• Provides liaison between community volunteers, providing clerical and meeting support, as needed.
• Assists with conflict resolution among clients, sponsors, staff and volunteers according to established procedures.
• Conducts monthly education sessions for volunteers, food partner agencies, and community partners, developing training tools and curriculums as needed, including education around the issues of homelessness, mental illness, addiction, food safety, civil rights, and other relevant topics.
• Document, digitize and streamline department procedures and materials.
• Provide warehouse tours and presentations, as needed.
• Comply with all federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
• With team, present recommendations and assist in implementing quality initiatives.
• In accordance with our " team" philosophy, the person filling this position may be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description.
• Provide support on any other duties, such as social media, web technologies, event administration, and as assigned.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working evenings, holidays, special events and project work and weekend hours as needed and/or assigned.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***