Early Childhood Education/Preschool Director
2510 Bingham St. Honolulu, HI 96826
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for their client, The Early School, who is seeking candidates for a great opportunity for a Pre-School/Early Childhood Education Director.
The Early School
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION/PRE-SCHOOL DIRECTOR
Pre-School Education| Pre-School Director | Early Childhood Education | Education | Teaching | Emergent Curriculum | Non-profit | School
Are you passionate about children? Motivated to develop teachers? Love Early Childhood Education? Do you approach education with a hands-on approach, with compassion and patience, encouraging the experiential approach to learning?
If you are all this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
The Director is responsible for developing and administering The Early School’ s Pre-school/Early Childhood Education program through implementation, coordination and evaluation of developmental learning opportunities and programs, consistent with the overall organization’ s mission and the needs of the children, staff and teachers.
- Plan and implement an educational program
- Fiscal management
- Facilitation of fundraising activities
- Serves as principal advocate for the organization in the community, enrolled students/families, prospective families and staff/teachers
- Administers day-to-day operations
- Develops, implements, administers and evaluates educational programs and objectives that align with the mission and philosophy of the organization, while prioritizing the development and management of staff/teachers, children and family needs
- Ensures the organization upholds accreditation standards as well as state & federal guidelines. Comprehensive knowledge of national and state education standards, licensing requirements and procedures, including fire, health and OSHA regulations preferred
- Willingness and interest in developing personal relationships with children while modeling exemplary teaching practices – the ideal candidate will have a passion and connection with the classroom, teachers, staff and children centered environment and organizational culture
- Bachelor' s Degree, preferably in Early Childhood education or other educational field(s)
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Early Childhood educational environment, with teaching experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership/management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of national and state education standards, licensing requirements and procedures, including fire, health and OSHA regulations preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CPR certification preferred and/or ability to earn certification
- Master’ s degree in early childhood education or related field preferred
- Demonstrated NAEYC certification or other ETCE certification experience
- Fundraising experience
- Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred ** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employers - Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***