Director of Talent & Culture - Human Resources, Labor Union
410 Atkinson Drive Honolulu, HI 96814
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified human resources professionals for a great opportunity for a Director of Talent & Culture for the tourism/hospitality industry in Honolulu, HI.
Director of Talent & Culture – Human Resources, Labor Union #17529
Human Resources | Senior Leadership | Recruiting | Compliance | Hospitality | Training & Development | Talent Management | Contracts | Labor Union | Employee Relations | Compliance | Leave Administration | Payroll | Benefits Administration | Compensation
Are you motivated by cultivating talent and building company culture? Do you consider yourself to have strong knowledge and experience in the area of human resources? Passionate about leading a small team? Are you exceptional at managing the ebbs and flows of the hospitality and tourism industry?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
The Director of Talent & Culture is responsible for the overall operation of the Talent & Culture function throughout the organization ensuring adherence to company policies/procedures and labor laws at all times. This role will play a crucial part in the ongoing development of the company culture, including rolling out various company initiatives, and will be a part of the Executive Committee. The role also provides senior leadership support to the management team and the Talent & Culture Department towards successful outcomes across the business within the areas of recruitment, training & development, occupational health & safety, industrial relations and general Talent & Culture s requirements and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Senior management and executive leadership to implement strategies that enhance guest service standards to meet/exceed expectations. Conduct on-the-job service delivery reviews both ‘ front and back of house’ to ensure these standards are being maintained.
- Closely monitors and manages the department’ s Budget and Forecast.
- Supports Department Heads to ensure all departments are prepared for high and low service periods and are flexing manpower levels accordingly.
- In conjunction with Sr. leadership, leads a work culture and environment across the management team that encourages a highly motivated and inclusive workforce that through consistently high service delivery standards and a strong financial focus delivers positive and successful outcomes.
- Oversees and manages, in conjunction with leadership, all performance management functions.
- Oversees coordination of all Team Member reward/recognition programs and appreciation events.
- Oversees effective management of payroll and benefits administration, including all areas of Leave (i.e.: TDI/LTD/FMLA/HFLL) and Worker’ s Compensation.
- Negotiates & implements robust commercial agreements with suppliers and service providers ensuring all key business objectives are maximized.
- Collaborates with managers to develop a strong understanding of the department’ s hiring needs to deliver quality candidates. Effectively coaches/trains hiring managers in recruitment and selection processes while ensuring compliance with employment laws.
- Works closely with the Talent & Culture Manager promoting career opportunities to attract, develop and retain high quality talent.
- Supports effective management of the full life recruitment process, for both internal and external candidates.
- In conjunction with Sr. leadership, active involvement in the annual salary review process ensuring parity and industry benchmarks are maintained.
- In conjunction with Sr. leadership team assess department' s training needs and recommends strategies to overcome competency shortfalls.
- Supports the implementation and development of annual training calendar and subsequent training plans ensuring Department Heads conduct and schedule on and off the job training sessions as needed. Facilitates training programs as required.
- Oversees the employee satisfaction survey process. Utilizing data to identify key drivers of employee satisfaction and supports managers in addressing issues with written plans and actions.
- Actively promotes and participates in Occupational Health and Safety initiatives
- Acts as the organization' s senior management custodian of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and State/Federal labor laws ensuring progressive knowledge and mandated updates are communicated and continuously monitored ensuring compliance at all times. Actively participates in Union Contract negotiations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Labor union experience required
- Hotel industry experience preferred; similar industry experience may be considered
- 5 years progressive HR experience, including experience in a leadership capacity-leading HR practices and objectives
- 3 years management experience
- Strong working knowledge of Hawai’ i state and federal HR policies/laws and labor unions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran