Director of Payroll
2155 Kalakaua Ave Suite 500 Honolulu, HI 96815
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified PAYROLL candidates for its client based in Honolulu.
DIRECTOR OF PAYROLL #16843
*** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of all payroll functions to include high level standards while in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Responsible for payroll function for multi-state locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure payroll processing is running smoothly and accurately. Establishes and implements procedures to improve business processes and gain efficiencies.
- Directly responsible for the payroll department’ s running structure and to provide oversight to ensure efficient customer service, assess operational risk and manage the vendor relationships.
- Serves as the System Administrator for payroll related systems, PeopleSoft and Kronos. Involved in systems upgrades and user testing.
- Guarantees payroll tax payments are strictly in compliance with appropriate local, state and federal tax laws.
- Establishes and implements policies on all payroll related operating procedures.
- Ensures the Pay policies are consistently being applied and updated accordingly.
- Sustains a strong association between HR and Finance/Accounting to guarantee that payroll procedures, information and need are aligned for optimum efficiency.
- Leads the team on all payroll projects to ensure timely delivery.
- Oversees/reviews payroll reporting
- Serves as a liaison between corporate and property locations
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business or equivalent work experience. Accounting degree from an accredited college or university highly desirable.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 7 or more year’ s experience in Payroll with a minimum of 3 year’ s experience in a Director/Manager role.
- Must possess strong communication, customer service and organizational skills.
- PeopleSoft and/or Kronos experience preferred
- Prior experience with executing and evaluation of internal controls targeted at minimizing operational risks.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)