Database Administrator - Kauai
PMRF , Suite 400 Kekaha, HI 96752 US
Bishop & Co. is seeking a Database Administrator for a position on Kauai, HI. Supporting the Information Technology (IT) Department. Maintain and perform database capacity-planning, configuration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
Provides Microsoft SQL Server system and database administration operating in an N-tier client/server application environment. Will collaborate with other IT Departments on program and database upgrades. Participate in Information Assurance compliancy procedures and controls for application software and systems.
Specific assignments and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Establish overall vision and direction for improving database administrative operations.
- Database System administration and configuration; workflow development and administration along with a major role in end-user support
- Ensure overall performance, reliability, and security of data, databases, and related applications.
- Manage database structures by monitoring performance and adjusting the internal structures (tuning) as required.
- Develop and implement backup and recovery strategies to protect critical data and ensure data integrity. Perform regular backups and test recovery procedures to minimize the risk of data loss.
- Involvement in planning, designing, creating, installing, customization, upgrades, and maintenance of databases to meet government and contractor defined requirements.
- Assists with production incidents and resolutions, including root cause analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborate with other teams, including system administrators, and network engineers, to ensure seamless integration and efficient database operations.
- Implement/maintain database reporting and continuous improvement.
- Perform Database Security technical implementation and documentation on databases.
- Documents databases, procedures, and deployed applications.
- Can anticipate occasional calls after hours to coordinate emergent mission change requirements or in response to PMRF Emergency Action direction.
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling with a limit of 25-50 lbs.
- Work positions requirements: walking, standing, sitting, crawling, kneeling or cramped. Work requiring repeated stooping, or frequent climbing.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or similar discipline is required. Five years of directly related IT experience may be substituted.
- 5+ years as a Database Administrator
- Strong application development understanding (ability to recognize deficiencies in coding and correct them)
- Microsoft SQL certification
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database administration, including installation, configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Must be proficient in report writing, gathering, and analyzing statistics, and using Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
- Possesses strong computer skills.
- Candidate must be capable of working in a team environment and participate in technical activities throughout the project life cycle and maintain a close technical involvement with all contributing organizations.
- Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- DoD 8570/8140 IAT II
- Experience with Maximo
- Experience as an Oracle Database Administrator
- Experience with DoD systems and infrastructure
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a US Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii. We charge no fees to candidates and our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran