Customer Billing Representative(s)
900 Richards St. , CPB Tower Honolulu, HI 96813 US
Bishop & Co. is recruiting for a Billing Representative in the downtown Honolulu area!
Customer Billing Representive
Review and process billing transactions to ensure accurate and timely invoices for all customers. Assesses accuracy of customer billing and processes billing adjustments, as appropriate.
- Reviews, analyzes and resolves billing exceptions in a timely manner, including billings requiring special handling.
- Reviews and analyzes customer billing, including rate application, and processes billing corrections and adjustments.
- Reviews, analyzes and processes complex billings for large commercial accounts.
- Initiates and evaluates field investigations or meter data when necessary, to test meters and/or to verify accuracy of meter readings or verify billing rates.
- Confers with others in Company to gather information, if needed to render an accurate bill to the customer.
- Retrieves and provides billing information to others.
- Prepares statistical reports as required.
- Utilizes templates and/or form letters to draft/prepare letters to customers. Occasionally drafts letters regarding unique situations with the supervisor's guidance.
- Contact customers by phone, by email, or in person to explain/clarify unusual or abnormal billing adjustments.
- Initiates refunds for customers.
- Performs other duties dependent upon department or division.
- Performs similar and incidental duties as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using PC software programs (spreadsheets, word processing, database, presentation)
- Satisfactory completion of accounting course work from an accredited business college or equivalent institution or equivalent accounting work experience. Experience with billing, payment processing highly desirable.
- Analytical, computational, organizational and time-management skills to handle various assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn new software systems to assist with billing functionality and product testing
- Strong interpersonal skills to direct, influence, motivate and persuade various groups or individuals
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, remain flexible and positive in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities and strategic direction.
- Effective written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- At least 3-5 years of general office and clerical experience.
- SAP experience desired, but not required.
- Location: Downtown Honolulu, HI
- Parking: Not provided
- Duration: Six months to 12 month initial, with a possible extension, based on business requirements, performance and budget.
- Hours: Full-time, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Pay Rate: $21.00/hr.
- Benefits: Bishop & Company offers its temporary and contract employees attractive, competitive benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, and matching 401k plan for all those who qualify!
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii. We charge no fees to candidates and our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Location: Honolulu, HI
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran