Credit Model Analyst
915 Fort Street Mall, 7th Honolulu, HI 96816
Responsible for the development and maintenance of new and existing business analyses that support the needs of Retail Credit Policy and the business units it supports. Identifies, constructs and evaluates methods and models to measure the performance, risks, and trends associated with the Bank' s retail loan portfolios. Provides data, analytical, and automation support to implement sound credit management practices including updates to retail loan underwriting standards and ongoing management of both portfolio and individual credit risks.
- Designs, produces and automates standard and ad hoc models, reports and presentations for Retail Credit Policy.
- Interprets information from various sources into meaningful, summarized results on a daily, weekly, quarterly and annual basis, and makes recommendations and informed decisions to management.
- Develops and maintains Retail Credit Policy tools including, but not limited to departmental portals, databases, automation scripts, and credit behavior models
- Supports the implementation and improvement of risk adjusted return on capital (RAROC) and Basel standards within Retail Credit Policy.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor' s degree in quantitative field (Math, Statistics, Physics / Engineering, Quantitative Finance, or similar) or equivalent combination of academic and business experience.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Five (5) years in the development and automation of quantitative models, reports, and predictive analysis.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with SQL queries and database management.
Required Skills or Training:
- Knowledge of statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA, R) is a plus
- Experience in banking industry or credit modeling is a plus
- Effective analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, with experience in project management
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications required
- Able to compose narrative and written reports using clear and concise language to support professional opinions and recommendation
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Equal Employment Opportunity