952 North King Street Honolulu, HI 96817-4544
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified ACCOUNTING/CONTROLLER leaders for its client based in Honolulu.
*** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
The Controller will be responsible for the oversight and management of all finance/accounting and payroll activities, including management of Accounting and Payroll staff. The Controller will ensure proper procedures and systems are in place to support effective planning, program implementation, audits and internal controls.
- Direct and manage all Finance & Accounting and Payroll functions of the organization, including the management, leadership and training of accounting and payroll staff.
- Coordinate inter-departmental functions to ensure accurate, effective and timely processing of transactions. Ensure adequate and appropriate cross-training of functions.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems and ensure financial transactions are in accordance with GAAP, regulatory guidelines and program requirements. Ensure compliance with DOL regulations, labor laws and other applicable regulations and policies.
- Oversee Payroll functions and ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately. Maintain payroll allocations and reports and monitor staffing levels. Ensure payroll allocations are in line with agency, contract and program needs.
- Manage finance and accounting processes to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial closing and meet deadlines set by executive management. Ensure all journal entries are posted and account reconciliations are completed timely and accurately. Perform financial analysis and review.
- Coordinate all necessary fiscal and reporting requirements pertinent to the execution of agency contracts and other grants. Track and review revenues and expenditures for all grants and contracts and provide timely feedback and recommendations to both internal and external personnel.
- Prepare financial statements, variance reports and develop other reporting tools necessary for the effective operation of accounting and payroll functions. Develop and maintain accounting, financial and payroll reports and analysis. Ensure reports and analyses are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with preparing budgets and forecasts, analyze financial data and monitor results. Oversee program and project budgets and provide analysis and reports to internal and external personnel.
- Maintain and review daily cash balance report and inform CFO of daily cash position. Monitor cash balances, create cash flow projections and provide feedback to CFO.
- Maintain and update contract and agreement files. Ensure compliance and execution of all contracts and agreements.
- Coordinate the communication, preparation and execution of all audit, cost reporting, tax and regulatory work.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, City and other regulatory agencies.
- Provide support and back-up to the Chief Financial Officer and other staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Practice Management software (Centricity, Dentrix, etc.) or Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Competency with general ledger accounting software or MAS90 preferred.
- Accurate, neat and able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA, MBA or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years progressive accounting experience.
- Minimum 5 years supervising or managing others.
- Experience in the health care industry and/or non-profit preferred.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)