91-301 Kauhi Street Kapolei, HI 96707
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Contracts Manager for a construction industry organization.
CONTRACTS MANAGER #17498
Contracts | Construction | CSI-CDT Certification | Contract Administrator | Contract Management | Building Trade | Communication | Professional |
Do you have construction industry experience; ideally in the Hawaii construction market? Do you consider yourself extremely detail-oriented? Enjoy wearing “ many hats”? Are you an exceptional multitasker? Are you proficient at client/vendor management and able to work cross functionally?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
The Contract Manager will have familiarity with the Hawaii Construction Market and assist the sales staff in coordinating and negotiating major bids and contracts from inception to completion. Drafting and managing contracts and change orders will require a person that is knowledgeable in Hawaii Contract Law and capable of handling multiple projects. Coordinating with team members will be critical to insure the timely delivery of equipment and services as well as proper invoicing, conflict resolution, and final payment. CSI-CDT Certification is Preferred.
Will require autonomous ability to work with clients, sales staff, legal/safety counsel, and government agencies to coordinate the efficient flow of required documentation as needed to ensure timely work processes for assigned projects.
Applicants should have proven work experience in the Contract Administrator/Manager or relevant role in the Hawaii Market. Be capable of working well under pressure/deadlines and have work experience in the building trade or similar industry.
Serves as the liaisons between companies and clients for contractual matters. Contracts managers can draft, evaluate and execute any type of contract that is negotiated between the business and client, such as short term, formal or annual contracts. They need to work with the legal counsel and AR dept. to monitor adherence and potential risks to the business or client.
Contract managers are expected to keep up to date with ongoing sales and marketing efforts that the competition may be utilizing and ensure that their businesses’ clients are satisfied with their current contracts and that those contracts are up to date. Contracts managers must also maintain the contractual documentation and records, customer correspondence, status reports and other relevant documents pertaining to the projects to which they are assigned. This may include assisting sales with government contracts and organizing and submitting all required documentation.
Overall, contracts managers should treat each client personally. Each client or vendor will have different terms and parameters of which contracts managers should be aware. From the time of negotiation, to the signing of documents and implementation of the contract, they will be responsible for the paperwork and having it signed and delivered to all parties. Afterwards, they are the point of contact for contract issues until the contract concludes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate design of contract verbiage with other internal departments including Legal, Finance, and Product Development. Review contracts and bids for terms and conditions, accuracy, scope of work, performance requirements, schedule, insurance, and contractual compliance.
- Coordinate between Client, Sales, Construction, and Billing to insure fulfillment and accuracy of contractual obligations.
- Assist Sales Team to Draft, negotiate, and implement new contracts, amendments, renewals, and terminations and confirm all required documents are submitted before deadlines.
- Maintain current contracts by monitoring any service changes.
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate implement liens as necessary to major delinquent account as approved. Generates legal documents used in the contract function
- Manage coordination between sales, contract documents, billing department, and rental yard supervisor to ensure accurate invoicing and crediting of rental equipment delivered and returned. The contracts manager is responsible to report the status of current contracts to managers in regular meetings. The contract manager will help guide new sales staff in the proper collection and preparation of proposals that are in line with the companies’ policies and business model.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Construction background and knowledge of construction and labor law preferred, but not required.
- Proven work experience as a Contract Administrator, Contract Manager or relevant role preferably in the Hawaii market.
- Knowledge of legal terminology in a construction contract.
- Work well under pressure or deadlines.
- Work experience in the building trade or similar industry.
- CSI-CDT certification Preferred.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum three years of contract related experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills preferred.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, drug and vision
- Vacation, PTO and paid holidays
STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran