Compliance Data Analyst
737 Bishop Street #1200 Pacific Guardian Bldg, Mauka Tower Honolulu, HI 96813
The Compliance Data Analyst (CDA) plays a major role in ensuring compliance with federal and state reporting and data needs by identifying, analyzing, developing, integrating, programming and deploying required data, reports and documentation to governmental agencies. The CDA works with Compliance Department management to provide recommendations and assistance in developing reports and documentation to optimize compliance-related efficiencies and productivity; uses a variety of systems and platforms including but not limited to SQL reporting and
analysis, SQL development, SharePoint development, and workflow and line of business applications; and proposes and tests other new technologies and platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develops and audits products such as reports and data files, based on provided technical specifications, for
compliance with Federal and State reporting requirements and guidelines.
· Builds processes and solutions for integrating disparate data and systems, analyzing and verifying data,
reading data from external sources, generating data files to be exported, and effective reporting.
· Works with data stored and contained in multiple sources including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server,
XML files, text files, and Excel files.
· Works with other team members to develop procedures and reports as required and to validate data products,
identify anomalies, and coordinate further analysis and possible data correction in source systems.
· Supports the Compliance team with data submissions and regulatory filings.
· Assists with developing and maintaining systems training and documentation.
· Authors and delivers end user training on developed tools.
· Must comply with Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Must be present in the office to perform the job functions, except for external meetings and events.
· Must be able to work with and learn new technologies independently or under minimal supervision.
· As an exempt position, responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and non-business or
· Job may be modified at any time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualification Required or Preferred
· Intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel Required
· Intermediate-level technical knowledge and hands-on experience with: Required
· Constructing, profiling, and performance tuning T-SQL on Microsoft SQL Server or later
· Developing and publishing SSRS reports, and SSRS configuration and administration
on Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or later
· Developing and deploying SSIS packages and configuring SQL Server Agent on Microsoft SQL
Server 2016 or later.
· Create project and user documentation using Microsoft Office Required
· Experience with programmatically reading and generating data files in flat delimited, flat
fixed-width, and XML formats Required
· Experience loading, manipulating, and working with large data sets in Microsoft Excel
· Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements
gathering and analysis, design, development, testing, stabilization, and deployment
· Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills Required
· Consistently meet timelines Required
· Strong oral and written communication skills Required
· Experience with SSAS, PowerPivot, Data mining and other components of the Microsoft SQL
Server Business Intelligence (BI) suite Preferred
· Experience with Microsoft .NET and C# development Preferred
· Minimal experience with AWS and Linux Preferred
· Experience with formal software development project management practices and methodologies
such as Agile, Scrum, Test-Driven Development, etc. Preferred
· Experience with Microsoft TFS, or other application lifecycle management solutions
· Experience with third party vendor product evaluation and selection process Preferred
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)