130 Merchant Street, 14th Floor Honolulu, HI 96813
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for a Compensation Specialist for a leading organization banking company in Honolulu.
COMPENSATION SPECIALIST #17267
Compensation | Banking | Analytical | Relationships | Market Data | Process | Business | Reporting | Regulation | Human Resources | Job Analysis | Salary Surveys
Do you specialize in compensation? Do you enjoy building and maintaining relationships with colleagues from multiple, diverse departments? Are you passionate about establishing strategic processes in your work?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
Responsible for the job evaluation process and assisting with the execution of compensation programs to support strategic goals. Assists managers and business units across the organization with various compensation processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the overall job evaluation process. Reviews, analyzes and recommends leveling of positions and overall job and pay structure. Performs comparative analysis. Works with managers and business units to revise and complete evaluations and position narratives.
- Builds and maintains relationships with managers and departments to understand department structure, goals and business objectives. Analyzes market data to help drive internal and external business decisions. Provides guidance and recommendations to the business on a variety of compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels and pay mix (i.e. base pay, incentives).
- Makes recommendations and implements process improvements for various compensation programs and processes. Processes incentive plan payments biweekly. Leads as project manager on the annual performance review process. Performs ad hoc reporting of total compensation information as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of compensation or related work experience. Working knowledge of executive compensation and demonstrated leadership experience required. Should include experience using market data, supplying data for local and national salary surveys.
- Bachelor’ s degree with major in business or related subject or equivalent work experience.
- Requires intermediate work sheet skills including the ability to construct compound formulas and pull data in from various sources. Should have some experience with Access and aptitude to create and analyze queries, reports, understand how Access might work with Taleo.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must be analytical, detail oriented, and organized. Must be able to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects. Must be able to work across divisions and departments and build strong working relationships with managers. Requires business acumen sufficient to understand how positions function relative to each other in each business unit and across the organization. Able to work independently with minimal supervision or direction. Able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.
- .STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
- ** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***