Client Billing Representative
99-859 Iwaiwa Street Aiea, HI 96701 US
Bishop & Company is seeking candidates for a Client Billing Representative opportunity with a health care organization in Aiea, HI.
Client Billing Representative
Summary: Performs billing reconciliation on outstanding accounts billed to clients, patients and insurance carriers. Responsible for billing activities including but not limited to re-billing of accounts, collecting on delinquent client accounts, records retention and assisting with other administrative duties.
- Performs activities related to billing reconciliation and analysis.
- Generates and analyzes various reports and takes appropriate action.
- Follows up and takes appropriate action to address outstanding accounts in the age trial balance.
- Follows up on client credit balances and resolves payment issues by refunding or transferring payments.
- Follows up on cash accounts with no payments.
- Prints, reviews and distributes client monthly statements.
- Provides retro or reconciled client invoices due to pricing changes.
- Set up new client accounts in the billing system.
- Contacts insurance companies to verify patient’s eligibility.
- Responds to billing inquiries from the insurance carrier, patient and clients via telephone, email, in writing or in person.
- Specialized focus in Client accounts.
- Manages the departments’ incoming telephone calls while providing excellent customer service.
- Updates accounts and rebills medical claims, patient statements or client invoices as appropriate.
- Processes credit card payments.
- Comprehensively document all account activity accurately and timely.
- Contacts patient or client for additional information when necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Alphanumeric keying: 96% accuracy at 7,000 key strokes per hour.
- At least six (6) months of customer service experience.
- At least six (6) months of experience in medical billing or collections.
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of health insurance claim filing requirements for third party payers.
- Knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) codes.
- Prior work experience with Xifin.
- Customer service and phone etiquette skills.
- Ability to process and maintain high volume of work and multi-task assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both in verbal and written form.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to handle disputes and resolve conflict.
- Temporary Full Time ASAP (potential temp-to-hire based on performance)
- Location: Aiea, HI
- Hours: Must be available Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
- Pay: $20.00/hr
- Benefits: Bishop & Company offers its temporary and contract employees attractive, competitive benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, and matching 401k plan for all those who qualify
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran