Catamaran Operations Manager
Eleele, HI 96705
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a Catamaran Operations Manager position, located on the island of Kauai.
CATAMARAN OPERATIONS MANAGER – Island of Kauai - #17357
| Operations | Maritime | Marine | Tourism | Management | Tours | Activity Tours | Sailing |
Are you passionate about managing others? Detail oriented with a flair for communication, both verbal and written? Do you specialize in providing excellent service? Do you have a knack for building relationships both inside and outside your organization, with a finesse for coaching and guiding others? Do you specialize in operations?
If so, then this may be a great match for you!
We are seeking a Catamaran Operations Manager located on the island of Kauai, with the following education and/or experience required, including but not limited to:
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Catamaran Operations Manager shall have overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of a Catamaran Tour operation. Responsible for daily operations management, securing the delivery of excellence in service to guests and visitors, while leading and developing the staff and crew.
· Responsible for recruiting, hiring, managing and developing a team, that includes a crew of 40+ professional mariners, a training officer and a schedule master.
· Oversees the maintenance, cleanliness and operational readiness of a fleet of three 49 passenger catamarans and associated shore-based facilities, to ensure high level, safe operations.
· Manages scheduling, operational judgement decisions and regulatory compliance, including but not limited to, as needed training upgrades and extensive documentation and reporting.
· Responsible for providing consistent updates and announcements to all crew and Sr. leadership regarding ever changing safety and regulatory requirements, changes in policy and operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
· Computer Skills and proficiency with technology, including not limited to, demonstrated experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and other proprietary systems required.
· Supervisory experience, managing teams in excessive of 30+ employees highly preferred. Demonstrated excellence in coaching and motivating skills, specializing in reward and recognition, training and overall performance management.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to rapid change, react as needed for escalations. Proficient at problem solving and implementing processes and procedures. Able to troubleshoot solutions in a timely manner. Solutions oriented. Independent thinker as well as ability to implement.
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines and proficiency in meeting or exceeding expectations, both for internal projects and initiatives, as well as excellence in service for clients, guests and vendors.
· Demonstrated excellence in clear communication, including but not limited to, verbal, written and presentation skills.
· USCG required drug testing clearance is required
· Able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed, according to business needs.
· Maritime/Marine industry and/or Hospitality experience preferred, but not required. Ability to participate and be in attendance while vessels are at sea, i.e. ability to maintain and participate as a Sr. leader for the crew and guests while “ on board” any vessels, both at sea and while moored.
· Safety/Risk Assessment experience preferred
· Demonstrated multi-tasking proficiency
*** ALL OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran