Honolulu, HI 96813
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a great opportunity for an Engineering| Facilities | Maintenance professional for a leading banking industry organization
BUILDING ENGINEER #17339
Facilities Maintenance| Operations| Construction| Repair | Management |Contracts | Inspection Records | Electrical | HVAC | Engineering | Engineer | Banking |
Are you motivated by the opportunity to work with your hands? Do you specialize in maintaining building systems and equipment? Passionate about fixing things? Do you enjoy training and overseeing others?
If you are all of this and more… than this is the opportunity for you!
Responsible for maintaining building systems/equipment at the assigned facility. Assists in business unit’ s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Assumes primary responsibilities for operating & maintaining the major building HVAC, electrical, lighting and plumbing systems throughout the facility, including management of the preventative and repair maintenance
- Oversees and trains assigned on-site maintenance team, to ensure they are fully knowledgeable and qualified on building systems, and able to respond effectively during emergencies or in the absence of a supervisor.
- Instructs and supervises assigned maintenance technicians in the execution of all security and safety procedures and in the operation of related building systems and monitors daily work orders, resolves issues and oversees completion of task and communication of status to occupants/requestors.
- Works with Contract Specialists and the Senior Building Engineer to have adequate service contracts and supplier vendor contracts in place to support all building maintenance operations, including routine preventive maintenance and anticipated repair supplies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of facilities maintenance, repair, or general construction experience.
- Strong understanding of and experience in basic carpentry, plumbing, HVAC and electrical knowledge and repair skills.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience is required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) or similar software. Knowledge of and the ability to use Bank software and systems preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, organized. Able to meet demanding deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Effective and efficient team player with excellent interpersonal skills, who can also resolve problems independently. Should be able to analyze complex situations quickly and identify solutions and alternatives. Must be flexible, able to work on multiple projects that may require restructuring due to shifting demands, unforeseen events and changing priorities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed. Off island travel may be required. Must be able to safely climb a ladder and bend under desks and behind equipment to check for electrical wiring, etc. Must be able to move materials up to 30 lbs. in weight.
- Project Management certification is preferred.
- STRONG TIES TO HAWAII ARE HIGHLY PREFERRED
- ** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
*** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: Strong ties to Hawaii are highly preferred. Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. ***