Branch Manager - Hawaii Island
Hilo, HI 96720
Bishop & Company is seeking an Branch Manager on the Big Island of Hawaii. Ideal candidate will have previous managerial experience with a degree in finance or accounting. Position starts immediately!
Requirements of a Branch Manager;
- Minimum two years financial experience
- Minimum two years managerial experience
- Associate’ s degree in Finance or Accounting -Bachelor’ s Degree (Preferred)
- Minimum two years experience in a related field (Preferred)
- Certified Financial Services Professional (CFSP) Designation(Preferred)
- Previous policy writing experience
- Compliance Program Management
- Consumer Lending
- Minimum two years of credit union experience (Preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Must have knowledge of the credit union movement and the credit union policies and procedures.
- Must have knowledge of front-end operations, Lending and Business Development.
- Must be able to ensure adherence to state and federal laws and regulations governing the credit union operations.
- Must be able to develop, manage and sustain a sales culture with emphasis on strengthening member loyalty through customer relationships.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members and staff.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with the ability to coach and develop.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal, written and listening skills.
- Must have a passion for change and the ability to lead change and build a service based organization.
- Must be willing to be a hands-on manager working with the different departments.
- Must possess a professional image and personality, be a self- starter, and thrive in a team environment.
- Promotes positive behaviors and cooperation among peers and staff through example.
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Verbal communication skills and the ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Basic reading, writing, math and problem solving
- Frequent standing and walking
- Lifting up to 25-30 pounds; push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
Responsibilities of a Branch Manager;
- Guide and manage branch office in providing quality service to members in account transactions, loan applications, and new account.
- Solve problems within established policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations.
- Recommend, implement, and supervise the budget for the branch.
- Apply and evaluate policies and procedures for the branch.
- Ensure that the branch is in compliance with federal laws and regulations
- Recruit and select quality applicants for vacancies, ensuring that the credit union is adequately staffed with competent employees.
- Evaluate the job performance of branch office staff to ensure quality of work and service to members. Recommend salary increases.
- Work with internal auditor to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Monitor branch activity, including number of transactions, volume, teller errors, loan volume, teller and loan personal sales, and new accounts.
- Monitor key products and sales within branch to ensure profitable and sound business practices and a high quality of service for members.
- Manage the security and safety of the branch. Analyze and monitor security and safety policies and procedures on an on-going basis.
- Ensure that staff receives on-going training on security and robbery procedures.
- Schedule adequate staff to ensure efficient branch operation.
- Conduct loan interviews. Process, approve, and/or close loans.
- Monitor branch operations to ensure a consistent, professional approach.
- Assist staff or members in solving complex account problems.
- Create and maintain a cross-selling environment within the branch. Train employees to maximize opportunities to sell products.
- Manage and recommend the purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Hold periodic staff meeting to discuss areas needing improvement, changes in procedures, new developments or services, and to present general information.
- Assist in any area as directed by the President, CEO/Vice President of member Services.
Benefits of being a Branch Manager;
- Keeau, Hawaii
- Pay: DOE
- Bishop & Company offers its temporary and contract employees attractive, competitive benefits, including paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, and matching 401k plan for all those who qualify
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing . We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.***
Location: Honolulu, HI
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran