1308 Young Street Honolulu, HI 96814
Bishop & Company is seeking qualified Accounting candidates for an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in the Honolulu area.
Ideal candidates must have a strong understanding of GAAP, tax requirements, and general auditing principles to perform their general accounting functions including accounts payable, receivable, bank reconciliation, financial statement preparation, audits, and other duties as needed. They will also possess a high level of confidentiality and integrity as well excellent people skills.
The Core Job Duties for an Accountant include:
- Perform daily cash reconciliations and responsible for cash management.
- Manage vendor payments, cash receipts, and company purchasing; code purchases and post invoices.
- Track inventory, maintain accurate records, and assist with month inventory audits.
- Assist with completing monthly financials for submission to the Director of Finance.
- Prepare GET returns, annual 1099s, and financials for audits.
Requirements of an Accountant are:
- 1-2 years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting
- Working knowledge of State of Hawai’ i laws, regulations and rules specific to the industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Previous experience working with financial software, Quickbooks preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Minimum of 21 years of age as required by state statute.
Benefits of the Accountant position include:
- Medical, Drug, Vision, Dental Coverage
- PTO, Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
Phone: 808-839-2200 Fax: 808-839-4844
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***