Accountant (Big Island)
99-193 Aiea Heights Drive Aiea, HI 96701
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for an Accountant opportunity on the Big Island
Accountant-Entry Level (Hilo, HI) #16762
Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statement and various other accounting statements and reports. Analyze financial reports and records, creates studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, and assets. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal vouchers, accounting classifications assigned to various records, conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures. Assign work to accounting clerks and other employees engaged in general accounting activities. Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting practices.
- Proficiency with accounting software, PC computer including word processing and spreadsheets, and 10-key calculators.
- Strong math, analytical, and data entry, and organizational skills required.
- Strong and proven leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making skills required.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written)
- Prepares monthly financial statements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversees and provides direction to accounting staff members to ensure accounting practices are adhered to in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains supporting schedules and reconciles accounts for financial statements.
- Issues manual checks as required.
- Prepares various statistical reports for internal and external purposes.
- Monitors staff performance, completes and conducts periodic evaluations, counsels and disciplines staff as necessary in accordance with human resource guidelines.
- Maintains staff schedules, approves time-sheets, approves and monitors PTO/vacations to ensure availability of staff necessary to effectively handle daily activities.
- Regularly trains team members and keeps them updated on any new policies/procedures and other information.
- Provides support to payroll department as needed.
- Adheres to confidentiality, safety, compliance, and legal requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and job seekers for opportunities throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***
Location: Hilo, HI